+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking weapon question

Tanking weapon question

[EDIT: Clarification of my question.]

Hello, all.

Please forgive my newb-ness, this is my first post here ever.

I'm currently using Malchazeen to tank, because for the life of me, King's Defender and Sun Eater just will not drop. I was using Inuuro's Blade (and still have it), but I was having problems with threat, so I switched to the dagger.

My question is, if I ever did get KD or SE, would either of them be better than Malchazeen for threat? My defense is good (525), though I do need more hit rating and expertise. I'm almost exalted with Shattered Sun, though, so that'll be taken care of shortly.

This is my current tanking gear:

The World of Warcraft Armory

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    Last edited by Pocky; 09-22-2008 at 02:33 PM.

KD is better for threat, SE for avoidance.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

for a traditional tanking rotation, kings defender should be a better weapon...for threat and overall.

devastate is a normalized attack and your dagger suffers a damage penalty greater than the sword (hope that isnt mis-stating the reality...kinda new to understanding formulas and mechanics). on top of that...the 1.6 speed on the KD will make it easier to loop heroic strikes into your rotations than the malchazeen when you are in situations with plenty of rage.

[item]King's Defender[/item] is the threat weapon there. Best of luck getting the darn thing to drop!

You might also want to try running some Heroic MgT if you feel you're up to it, for [item]Quickening Blade of the Prince[/item], which can make a nice tanking weapon.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I kind of figured KD and SE would be better weapons, but I wanted to make sure.

I guess I need to hit Karazhan and Mechanar a lot more now. @.@ And maybe heroic MrT.

+ Reply to Thread