+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 8962 Paladin Changes

  1. #1

    8962 Paladin Changes

    Only a couple things worth mentioning, so I will be brief.
    • Improved Devotion Aura - Healing bonus increased to 2/4/6% (from 1/2/3%). A nice little bit of extra
    • Hammer of the Righteous - Tooltip clarified; it now deals 3 times the weapon's DPS as Holy damage. We knew it had been normalized around weapon DPS already, but it's nice to know the exact formula it's using.
    • New Glyph: Glyph of Spiritual Attunement - Increases the amount of mana gained from Spiritual Attunement by an additional 2%. The way it's worded it sounds as though this causes SA to return 12% of all healing taken as mana total, making it twice as effective as the T6 two piece bonus. Quite powerful if this is the case, as it's then effectively a 20% increase in mana gained. If, however, the extra 2% is multiplicative (making SA a return of 10.2% healing as mana), then it's not as exciting.

    Not a lot on the Protection Paladin front this build. Fortunately there's still plenty of time before release to see some more updates. We've still got those "1-2 fun talents" to look forward to in deep Protection, and hopefully some of our less useful talents (such as Reckoning) can see some love as well.

    Also, as a reminder, we're looking to get some Naxxramas runs going on Beta. See Cider's post directly below this one for details.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    296
    Don't forget to mention that BoSanct now really does give 10 rage / 20 runic power on dodge/parry/block. Can't really say I'm totally happy about it.

  3. #3
    That change seems more like a bug to me, since the tooltip now states 100/200. I'm holding off judgment until the tooltip matches the functionality.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    296
    It did a 10th of what the tooltip stated before, and it still does now. Probably because the tooltip is indeed bugged, it states the internal value, which is what we see in game x10. I doub't they just changed it for fun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    296
    PS: really hate that you can't edit typos in this forum.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    549
    The change/buff to imp devo is very nice. I would think that alone guarantees a prot pally a raid spot -- 6% is HUGE.

    I'm curious what these fun talents are going to be. I always felt that the Avenger's Shield was the *coolest* ability in the game so they're going to have to really hit one out of the park to top that one in terms of fun/cool.
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by protonly View Post
    The change/buff to imp devo is very nice. I would think that alone guarantees a prot pally a raid spot -- 6% is HUGE.
    Unless of course you already have a tree druid...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Unless of course you already have a tree druid...
    Imp Devo is also the highest static AC buff currently in the game, Stoneskin Totem is a bit behind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    549
    +armor and +healing == weeee!

    I've always felt redoubt and reckoning were pretty much "useless" talents in TBC and with the new talents they're even less appealing. I'd like to see them totaly reworked or just removed for something new (better).

    Also, this is just a peeve of mine, either move kings to baseline or make it one talent. I don't know if 5 pts in kings will be standard with the cookie cutter prot builds that will come, but from a holy perspective I can do so much better with putting points into ret (52/0/18 with one left over point).
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Don't forget to mention that BoSanct now really does give 10 rage / 20 runic power on dodge/parry/block. Can't really say I'm totally happy about it.
    What the fuck, there's no possible way that can really be intended or they're clueless. That's easily like the best tanking talent in all 4-5 tanking trees amongst all the tanking classes, combined.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by protonly View Post
    +armor and +healing == weeee!

    I've always felt redoubt and reckoning were pretty much "useless" talents in TBC and with the new talents they're even less appealing. I'd like to see them totaly reworked or just removed for something new (better).

    Also, this is just a peeve of mine, either move kings to baseline or make it one talent. I don't know if 5 pts in kings will be standard with the cookie cutter prot builds that will come, but from a holy perspective I can do so much better with putting points into ret (52/0/18 with one left over point).
    Redoubt isn't avoidable. It's only 3 points, gives us +30% SBV and I'm not sure you can make it down the prot tree without it. I have no qualms with 3 points for 30% SBV and the random block proc is more like a "working as intended" glitch than it is an actual part of the talent for me.

    However, 5 point kings ain't flyin'. I don't have the point to spare for the base version, let alone all 5 points for improved.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    What the fuck, there's no possible way that can really be intended or they're clueless. That's easily like the best tanking talent in all 4-5 tanking trees amongst all the tanking classes, combined.
    Ya, it really only makes sense granting 1 rage on dodge/parry/block.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    Redoubt isn't avoidable. It's only 3 points, gives us +30% SBV and I'm not sure you can make it down the prot tree without it. I have no qualms with 3 points for 30% SBV and the random block proc is more like a "working as intended" glitch than it is an actual part of the talent for me.

    However, 5 point kings ain't flyin'. I don't have the point to spare for the base version, let alone all 5 points for improved.
    That's about the best way to describe redoubt. The extra block value is great but it would almost be better if you just got say 5% to block flat out.

    And yes they're making it hard to spec for kings. I think the days of "bitch speccing for kings" have returned.
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

  14. #14
    The extra block value is the entire point of the new Redoubt. 30% extra block value is not only a bunch of mitigation, it's also 30% more ShoR damage.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    The extra block value is the entire point of the new Redoubt. 30% extra block value is not only a bunch of mitigation, it's also 30% more ShoR damage.
    But it is still PROC based as to when the extra chance to block kicks in (block value is a flat constant). Always hated having that talent and not being able to include it in "crush calculations" ....
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    474
    I coulda sworn i read somewhere that Reckoning was gonna proc on Blocks, making it a lot more worthwhile. I wish i could provide a Source, but it was at least a week ago and i have no idea where to look again. lol

    And i agree, the point of redoubt is the block value for mitigation and SotR dmg. The random block % proc is just a bonus.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Galushi View Post
    I coulda sworn i read somewhere that Reckoning was gonna proc on Blocks, making it a lot more worthwhile. I wish i could provide a Source, but it was at least a week ago and i have no idea where to look again. lol

    And i agree, the point of redoubt is the block value for mitigation and SotR dmg. The random block % proc is just a bonus.
    I that was written in the 5 point reckoning tooltip, Gal.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Galushi View Post
    I coulda sworn i read somewhere that Reckoning was gonna proc on Blocks, making it a lot more worthwhile. I wish i could provide a Source, but it was at least a week ago and i have no idea where to look again. lol
    For raiding that really won't be much different. In its current form, reckoning procs off of partial blocks and you almost never see a full block from a boss attack. Granted I like reckoning a lot, but right now SoV scales better than SoR, so that also makes the talent less appealing as SoV won't really get any tangible benefit from reckoning in the long term.

  19. #19
    What i dont think some people are understanding is that this is not the same Reboudt as curent live. it is a 3 point talent that gives 30 SBV strait up, AND 30 on proc. the old was a 5 point talnt for only 30 on proc, leading to Sheild Specilization, a 3 point talent giveing 30 SBV. basicly is Sheild Specilization with Reboudt thrown in for free. ill take that. its a compleat must to prot.


    (8970)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3
    And for Judgement of the justs, will it work on boss (wich i doubt), or only trash?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts