+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expecting More of DPS

Expecting More of DPS

I noticed an interesting change in most of the 5-man encounters I've seen in WotLK: Boss encounters are based more on timers than percentages. For instance, adds are summoned every X seconds rather than at every 25% health.

I don't know if this will translate to raids as well, but it's a welcome change for the 5-mans. By getting more gear and more skill and killing bosses faster as a result, the encounters become notably less frustrating. It will be a nice way of pushing DPS to perform their roles better and will be a good benchmark. I can't wait to say to some unsuspecting DPSer, "we got three sets of adds this time? Ouch!"

Similar to the third boss in SLab, Cider?

If so, I'm extremely for this change.

i'm loving the change to this, looks like they listened to your rant about enrage timers being good.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Lol I love rolling with OP dps, as long as I can hang on to the boss. 3rd boss in slabs, fastest I've seen him drop was in one pull, he didn't even teleport.

Nice. I really prefer this style of fight over the alternative. If your DPS fails, its on them.

It's the same for Kael in HMgT. I've ran that where we got no phoenix and he didnt pyroblast, then I've ran it where we got 2 phoenix and a pyro.

It makes sense from how they are redoing things, but we'll have to see if they do this across the board.

+ Reply to Thread