+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How far can i tank?

How far can i tank?

The World of Warcraft Armory

What do you you all think? how far could i tank in the game. Whats not on the armory link is i also have a Darkmoon Card for extra 51 stam when needed and my normal threat weap is a QPoTP with executioner. I also have the Gruul sheild that i have with a shield spike as a threat set shield.

Will this gearing carry me into T6 content, if so how far?

With good healers behind you , you should be able to MT all T5 content and MT the first 3 bosses in BT and fisrt 2 in MH imo .

From Az'galor in MH and Theron in BT it really becomes a mitigation aswell as effective health check for a tank .

Just a question : Do you have a normal tanking weapon ie. Kings Defender , Mallet of the tides , Suneater ? If you don't you gonna need it to go into BT progression imo

Quote Originally Posted by Lionides View Post
    With good healers behind you , you should be able to MT all T5 content and MT the first 3 bosses in BT and fisrt 2 in MH imo .

From Az'galor in MH and Theron in BT it really becomes a mitigation aswell as effective health check for a tank .

Just a question : Do you have a normal tanking weapon ie. Kings Defender , Mallet of the tides , Suneater ? If you don't you gonna need it to go into BT progression imo
    I have a kings defender with a adam wep chain on it, and a Suneater with mongoose on it. Have been trying to get a mallet with no luck or the axe in ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    The World of Warcraft Armory

What do you you all think? how far could i tank in the game. Whats not on the armory link is i also have a Darkmoon Card for extra 51 stam when needed and my normal threat weap is a QPoTP with executioner. I also have the Gruul sheild that i have with a shield spike as a threat set shield.

Will this gearing carry me into T6 content, if so how far?
    Right now your health is fine for T6; what I believe is holding you back is your avoidance. If you have the pocket watch, replace the shard with that. Keep your Commendation trinket. Also, you might want to consider resocketing your legs for +10 dodge rating and keep the +15 stamina gem in to get the bonus. Also, as tempting as the Merc Glad shield looks with its high armor and high stam, Gruul's shield is simply going to do you better with its defensive stats and the hit rating for threat. When you get up to Hyjal/BT (Azgalor and Archi for Hyjal), you're going to find that simply taking all the hits just won't do. Effective health doesn't scale up that high on gear alone.

Your blade is fine for threat before you get Brutalizer in BT or the Mallet in SSC, but for fights where threat is not the issue, go for Sun Eater.

Now I'm not saying to go for all avoidance and socket bonuses (unless it's Brutallus you're tanking or something), but I would definitely start looking for balances between avoidance and health as your gear starts to progress.

I'd definitely take a look at this article:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warri...-minimums.html

+ Reply to Thread