+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WOTLK Tanking Gear List

Awesome guide!

Were missing Burning Skull Pendant and Reinforced Titanium Neckguard though, at least the burning skull would go high in that list afaik

And Gal'darah's Signet which is quite easily obtained in Gun'Drak

Last edited by Aenonar; 01-04-2009 at 01:48 AM.

The +275 HP chest enchant, should be added.

Enchant Chest - Super Health - Spell - World of Warcraft

Hero's Surrender is from 10 man Patchwerk, Wall of Terror is from 25 man Kel'Thuzad. Also you didn't add any shield enchants hehe.

Good list though. It's weird how a 10 man shield is better itemized than a 25 man one.

Thank you very much for this guide its a great help to determine when to pass and when to need on an item.

But I did miss some nice items I have been lucky enough to have drop into my arms:
    Back: Shadow of the Ghoul: 154 armor, 56 STR, 56 Sta, +38 Def, +29 SB, +27 BV (source: Naxxx25? - think it was a trahs drop)
    Link: Shadow of the Ghoul - Item - World of Warcraft

Trinkets: Seal of the pantheon (L78, Eq:+65 def. Use: Inc. Armor +3570/20sec) - Drop in Normal HoL from Loken. (Very good help in gettnig to the cap)
    Link: Seal of the Pantheon - Item - World of Warcraft

And I did not see you mention the nice Belt "enchant": Get the socket buckle from a BS, pretty cheap mats for an extra socket in your belt.
    Link: Eternal Belt Buckle - Spell - World of Warcraft

Keep up the good work, thanks.

Regards
    Wolftank
    Edit: Figured out how the links where working, so updated with links to the items.
    Last edited by Wolftank; 01-07-2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Figured out how to link

Rune of Repulsion

This trink can be pretty useful after diminishing returns

hrm, demog's been awol a while now. wonder if he plans on updating.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nimchip View Post
    Hero's Surrender is from 10 man Patchwerk, Wall of Terror is from 25 man Kel'Thuzad. Also you didn't add any shield enchants hehe.
    No, Hero's Surrender is most certainly from 25-man Patchwerk, as shown here: Patchwerk - NPC - World of Warcraft

thank you this helped me alot

Special Issue Legplates link

Still connecting to Standard Issue Legplates

Tempered Saronite Breastplate

I noticed that the BOE crafted Tempered Saronite Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft is not listed in the chests section

Thought this might help.

I thought that this might help people out to get a feel for what this thread illustartes as the "best" tanking gear in the form of a stats representation. It is a link to a Wowhead made gear list of the #1s (#1s and #2s in the case of rings and trinkets).Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft You can view it in a 3D model viewer to see the set as well. This is for myself (Prot warrior) if you are a DK or Pali, you can take out the 1h+Shield and Gun, rescpectively, and add in what you feel to be the best tanking items for your class.
    This set does not take into consideration a lot of things. Any bonuses from your race, bonuses from your class (spec or inherent), or the bonsus from enchants or gems. With that said there is a bonus defense rating of 574 on the gear which leaves roughly 115 defense rating (given that you have 400 defense skill from being lvl 80 and that 1 defnese skill = 4.92 defense rating '140 x 4.92 = 688.8 defense skill' and in turn 689 - 574 = 115) to reach that magic 540. In my opinon an easily obtainable number from the enchants and gems.
    Hope this is useful to others.
    Last edited by Crzy_Drmmr; 01-09-2009 at 10:17 PM.

I know i might have missed someone asking this question, But some of the gems you listed i have no idea where u got them (maybe PTR?) I'm a JC and really the zircon, Eye of Zul, Dreadstones or Ametrines. I could just be stupid but they aren't in the game.

Awesome list! Does anyone know where to find a similar list for Prot Paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranluka View Post
    Awesome list! Does anyone know where to find a similar list for Prot Paladins?
    Right here? Apart from tier set pieces of course. Warriors and paladins to a pretty large extent want the same stats after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kngtherak View Post
    I know i might have missed someone asking this question, But some of the gems you listed i have no idea where u got them (maybe PTR?) I'm a JC and really the zircon, Eye of Zul, Dreadstones or Ametrines. I could just be stupid but they aren't in the game.
    They are in the game files but are not available to players yet as far as I know. They'll probably be put in later, with the release of one of the new raids.

First wanted to say that this is a great guide wish I had noticed it when I started gearing up at 80.

Couple suggestions I dont see the 'Defender's Code' under the trinket section, perhaps it did not make the list but I quite like the armor boost it offers.

Under weapon enchants you might want to include Accuracy argueably the best threat enchant atm.
    Also the new weapon chain is not bad well your gearing up, true not many mobs disarm but its +hit is still nice.
    Addon Author: What's Next? - AllPlates - Sudoku - Death Clock - Super Loot

outdated and at certain things i disagree, but guid is good

Quote Originally Posted by nimchip View Post

Good list though. It's weird how a 10 man shield is better itemized than a 25 man one.

Actually, Hero's Surrender is from 25 man Patchwerk, not 10. Its ilvl is 213, meaning it has to be from 25 man. Yes, it is better than the KT shield, which is ilvl 226, which is a bit weird, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, i would rather have Hero's, but others might rather have WoT.

Looking at the list, there are a few items and enchants missing. For instance, 22 Def to chest enchant is great. Both of the necks from the Malygos key quests aren't listed, the heroic one probably being the best in the game.

Overall, this is an amazing guide that has helped me and probably tons of other tanks throughout naxx and such. It could use some updating though
    Last edited by Blaze Mcgee; 02-01-2009 at 02:29 PM.

perhaps you may want to take another look at the Steelweave back enchant, I did myself when a guildie showed me the difference was only +4 rating, which doesnt even equal a whole point of defense, and costs nearly 300g LESS than Titanweave, so for tanks who dont necessarily NEED less than 1 point of whole Defense, Steelweave is quite an attracive option

Chest Enchant

if not already posted...

under the Chest Enchants:
    Greater Defense (189p)
    +16 Defense Rating

should read:
    Greater Defense (189p)
    +22 Defense Rating

link is correct, great reference tho cheers.

+ Reply to Thread