+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: WOTLK Tanking Gear List

Would you add in Paladin T6 as well. It would be nice for Paladin tanks to see where their Tier gear measures up under this formula, or baring that, could you reveal the exact formula used so we could run the numbers ourselves.

Im just wondering why The Darkener's Grasp isent show under Necklaces.

I have an odd question...
    Where might Thunderfury fall in the weapons list?
    I was blessed to have it at 60 and the trip to 70 was incredibly easy with TF and spam-string.
    I still believe it is a fine weapon for threat gen (currently), but it lacks in mitigation (currently). I mostly use it for trash, 5-mans, or the very early stages of a timer-sensitive fight, switching to KD once my threat is solid.

Any thoughts? Xav, especially since you have it and are in the beta.

Thank you in advance,

~j

Very helpful, I will be sure to use this when I am leveling through Northrend.

And where you have Special Issue Legplates under the leggings section your link leads to the wrong item.
    Last edited by Ferag; 11-05-2008 at 07:13 PM.

TF is okay still, but it's nowhere near good enough to warrant using on any challenging content. It's DPS potential has gone up considerably because the proc will now crit based off your own +crit chance since +melee crit and +spell crit are now shared, same with spell hit/melee hit. I basically use it because it's still sexy as hell and I only recently got it after trying for years.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Fixed the Item link error with Special Issue Legplates

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Tempered Saronite Boots (1405 points) are rated higher than Spiked Titansteel Treads (1219 points) although the stat difference is +2 stamina, +1 defense rating and -236 armor. Seems to me that the Spiked Titansteel Treads should be rated higher. Also, the point ratings for these items seems low. The 1541 armor on Spiked Titansteel Treads seems like it should account for the 1219 points alone not even including the strength, stamina and defense rating.

item links should be fixed now.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I ran this against my own list of interesting gear accumulated off of Wowhead, and came up with some things that aren't here. They might intentionally not be here for some reason (lots of blues), but here's me trying to help in any case:

Amulet of Wills
    Blood-Infused Pendant
    Burning Skull Pendant
    Ring of Earthen Might
    Gal'darah's Signet
    Woeful Band
    Essence of Gossamer
    Seal of the Pantheon
    Offering of Sacrifice
    Armor Plated Combat Shotgun

Battlechest of the Twilight Cult is also an ok tank chest.

Battlechest of the Twilight Cult - Item - World of Warcraft

please add Ground Tremor Helm

any reason why a non tanking trinket is listed as #2 best, when Figurine - Monarch Crab - Item - World of Warcraft is a tank trinket and is alot better then the one you listed. not sure if this was a type o.

Such a great guide and thanks!!!

Please forgive me if I've missed something, but for all the reading I've done today, I cannot find the answers to:

Level 80 warrior hit cap?
    Level 80 warrior expertise cap?
    Level 80 warrior defense cap? (I did read 689 somewhere - correct?)

Thanks!

Regards,

Ror

First off, thank you so much for creating this list Demog. I loved Berg's and I'm going to love this one just as much. An excellent recourse for all warrior tanks in the raiding zone.

I have a suggestion, but I don't know if it's possible. Can the links to the gear slots at the start of the post work like the links in for instance Wikipedia, so that your screen jumps down in stead of opening a new tab/window or reloading the page?

I was also wondering what you based your order of armor slots on. It ain't alphabetic, logical or based on the order of slots in either the in-game character panel or their respective slot ID numbers. So is it just random or am I missing something?
    They're also somewhat inconsistent (Berg's were too btw) in using two different ways to describe the slot.

You list:
    'Backs / Chests / Feet / Rings / Hands / Heads / Leggings / Necklaces / Ranged / Shields / Trinkets / Weapons / Bracers / Shoulders'

while it's either: (in-game slot names)
    'Back / Chest / Feet / Finger / Hands / Head / Legs / Neck / Ranged / Off Hand / Trinket / Main Hand / Wrist / Shoulders

or: (regular name of the item equipped in the slot; plural)
    'Cloaks / Breastplates / Boots / Rings / Gauntlets / Helmets / Legguards / Necklaces / Ranged Weapons / Shields / Trinkets / Weapons / Bracers / Pauldrons'

While the ID slot names are unambiguous, some of the names may sound awkward like 'Finger'. The item names may sound more comfortable, but different versions exist eg. Belts, Girdles or Waistguards.

So I suggest the use of both in the post headers (like Berg used to do), so that when ctrl+F is used to search for a particular slot, it'll always find the right page: eg.
    Back - Tanking Cloaks
    Feet - Tanking Boots

It's all nothing major but just nice to get it all ordered and unambiguous imo.

I also noticed this error:
    Enchant Chest:
    Greater Defense (189p)
    +16 Defense Rating
    while it's 22 defense rating,
    I don't know if the 189 is also incorrectly based on 16 defense rating, because that would make this enchant significantly better than the hp enchant, although it can be argued that hp gives EH.

Thanks again, I hope you appreciate my feed-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorax View Post
    Such a great guide and thanks!!!

Please forgive me if I've missed something, but for all the reading I've done today, I cannot find the answers to:

Level 80 warrior hit cap?
    Level 80 warrior expertise cap?
    Level 80 warrior defense cap? (I did read 689 somewhere - correct?)

Thanks!

Regards,

Ror
    Dunno about hit or expertise, but defense is 540.

One concern I have about this listing is whether the items mentioned can be obtained regardless of faction. I wonder about that becuase a post I previously viewed ranked and listed a wish list of tanking gear but 80% was obtainable through Alliance faction. Could you clarify this a bit. Best wishes.

Weighted Throwing Axe - Item - World of Warcraft is a very decent quest reward when going for crit immunity, short quest chain in Storm Peaks.

What about the beastly +111 Sta Essence of Gossamer?

I have the feeling this list isn't receiving updates.

+ Reply to Thread