+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WOTLK Tanking Gear List

Very nice guide.

I noticed you mentioned that you used the reitemized tier 6 and sunwell stats. Did you do the same for the badge and tier 5 quality gear? I might also suggest changing the normal item links for bc gear to wowhead wotlk links to better show the new stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Caireagin View Post
    Very nice guide.
    Thanks

I noticed you mentioned that you used the reitemized tier 6 and sunwell stats. Did you do the same for the badge and tier 5 quality gear?
    At first I didn't realize other than SWP/T6 gear had been modified, but now I've updated the remaining items that have been changed (at least those I'm aware of at the moment).

I also realized I had forgotten the new 2 Str = 1 BLV conversion. That is fixed now :P

I might also suggest changing the normal item links for bc gear to wowhead wotlk links to better show the new stats.
    Good idea.

Very nice, is it just me or do the links on the first post not work (well, the shield one just took me to the first post)?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Nice guide man, with a little bit of reformatting (we can discuss it to see what you find best, or I might go in to just add item links manually) this will be amazing. Thanks for taking up this task, it's not easy job, and Berg will be glad that his legacy carries on into WotLK.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Nice guide man, with a little bit of reformatting (we can discuss it to see what you find best, or I might go in to just add item links manually) this will be amazing.
    I've made some scripts to calculate/make the lists automatically, so updating them is just a matter of copying and pasting. If you got any suggestions on the formatting I'll just change my scripts to produce some other output.

There's certainly more information for each item I'd like to add, like sockets and gem suggestions (in some cases it's most likely a good idea to use a non-blue gem to activate a socket bonus).

Yeh, I was thinking of following something along the lines of Bergs guide or just being able to use [item] tags but of course since it's all on the wotlk.wowhead.com site instead of standard Wowhead: Your skill in WoW has increased to 375. the item links won't work yet. No big deal. I'll sticky this in the mean time to get you some more publicity. Normally people will help you find items that you missed this way.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Errors and missing items:
    The links for Naxx10 Warrior Tank Set Helm and Abomination Shoulderblades are broken.

I also don't see Praetorian's Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft or Ring of the Stalwart Protector - Item - World of Warcraft, but I don't know if you want to include them or not.

Overall, missing gear is mostly a matter of scope. I'm not sure how how far back you want to go with gear. It might be worth thinking a bit and coming up with an iLvl below which you will not include pre-bc gear. That way you don't get more people like me going "You missed one!" Feature creep gets annoying quickly :P

Thanks for doing this for me i love you dearly only need to replace a few items before naxx at this rate

So...the new patch 3.0 stats are available for all T4-T6 plus non-set and badge items on MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies

Granted the stats could change before the final patch, but any idea how this is going to effect things? Oh, and excellent guide, I'll be checking back often

There is a neck I've been drooling over that you have not included yet

Medallion of the Disgraced - Item - World of Warcraft

Awsome work.. i noticed alot of gear missing tho, mainly rings, trinkets and stuff like the Sunwell Engy helm

Otherwise great work and now i can figure out what i need from where on the way to 80

This is a good thread, and I didn't see it earlier. I'll actually reference this thread in my own on a similar topic, and let you handle it! There's no point to have two threads doing the same thing.

I'll keep mine about the topic of reaching uncrittable efficiently while still wearing old gear, and yours can be an actual overall gear guide/list. So I'll highlight the best "defense" pieces, and yours can continue its current theme of mostly just a list of "tank" gear.

Edit: I've included a comment and link to this thread in my own, so you know.
    Last edited by Xav; 09-09-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    I'll keep mine about the topic of reaching uncrittable efficiently while still wearing old gear, and yours can be an actual overall gear guide/list.
    Excellent point about crit immunity, I haven't thought about it might be a problem. It devalues the old gear a bit since you're forced to use defense gems.

I'll make a link to your thread in my main post.

Are you currently incorporating SBV numbers into your gear rating as derived from STR as well? I know it's a lesser contribution (Block% * SBV unless using Shield Block), but it just seemed - like in cloaks - that there was a L70 purple or two in there I would be hard-pressed to wear over some of the blues below them.

Thanks for putting this together!

Good work Demog.
    I suggest to include the old "paladin" sunwell loot to the rankings as they no longer have spell damage and intelect on it but strenght and other "warrior" stats.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by larsberg View Post
    Are you currently incorporating SBV numbers into your gear rating as derived from STR as well?
    Aye, currently I use 2 STR = 1 SBV.

I don't factor in any Shield Block (since I assume it's of occasional use only) or the Critical Block talent (up to 30% chance of double blocks). It would increase the value of STR and SBV even more, and indirectly Defense and Block Rating. If I see all warriors speccing into that talent, I'll add it to the formula.

Nice work demog!!
    But i don't see Shadowmoon Insignia on the trincket session.

Quote Originally Posted by atreides View Post
    Nice work demog!!
    But i don't see Shadowmoon Insignia on the trincket session.
    Fixed! :-o

So if you have t6 with set bonus keep it or Sunwell badge gear , all less should be replaced asap?

Phoenix-war cloak from TK is at least comparable to Slikk's. Also, the ring of sundered souls is one of the most solid pure survivability rings in tbc.
    Many people have enough to live by but nothing to live for - they have the means but no meaning <<<>>> Tenraiel - Warrior||Kross - Priest||Anethea - Hunter

+ Reply to Thread