Thread: Warrior Beta Changes build 8905

Sorry for the spam but I want to get this out here:

Onslaught Chest: 37 Str
    Onslaught Legs: 40 Str
    Onslaught Gloves: 36 Str
    Onslaught Bracer: 19 Str
    Onslaught Shoulders: 31 Str (I think)

Myrmidon's Treads: 18 Str

All in all a great buff for those tanks that have busted their hump getting good tank gear.

One thing I noticed, my Onslaught helm has the block value meta gem in it and it's reduced down to 5% (was 10%).

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Server went down before I could get everything written down.

Here's what I got so far:
    Faceplate of the Impenetrable had 26 Str on it.
    Girdle of Stability had 24 Str but block value down to 38

I moused over my onslaught stuff and it all had Str but not sure how much and what else was lowered.
    This is the last piece of the puzzle and outrageously good news
    With our T6 and Sunwell loot fixed for Str and AP we are gtg on day 1
    /joy!

We need to do the server rain dance around here.

My fault... was spamming tells to Cider and I crashed the server.

To confirm though: All T6 has str as stated, Bulwark of Azzinoth has str and my few sunwell pieces have str... gj blizz! I guess we still need to calculate and see if we are losing anything in place of the str... /shrug

Incase anyone didn't notice, I updated this post with a screenshot of the full Onslaught set and the Sunwell tank pieces for warriors, their new stats. We lost avoidance in trade for the strength in nearly all cases, but eh, it had to be done. The Breastplate of Agony's Aversion, however, only lost its terrible haste rating for all the strength on it - purely a gain, and a very very big one
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Incase anyone didn't notice, I updated this post with a screenshot of the full Onslaught set and the Sunwell tank pieces for warriors, their new stats. We lost avoidance in trade for the strength in nearly all cases, but eh, it had to be done. The Breastplate of Agony's Aversion, however, only lost its terrible haste rating for all the strength on it - purely a gain, and a very very big one
    I see lots of red sockets with STAM socket bonuses. I wonder how effective it would be now to gem for the socket bonuses with STR (threat) gems. Time will tell I guess.

okay im to excited now, not gonna sleep for a week.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

Quote Originally Posted by tobarstep View Post
    I see lots of red sockets with STAM socket bonuses. I wonder how effective it would be now to gem for the socket bonuses with STR (threat) gems. Time will tell I guess.
    Heck, even the Str/Stam gems in the red slots might be worth it while questing from 70-80. I imagine in a raid setting we'll still want to maximize our effective health.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    New Shield Slam crit plz!

i love these changes.. i take back the accusations of lack of imagination.. these are fantastic.. great job Devs.

Oh wow, I go out and miss the patch of awesome! Talent changes are excellent. Glyphs look really great! Kudos to Ghost and the rest of the development team - well done!

My single remaining nitpick at this point is Shockwave not being a radius.

Enough words, time to go play on Beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Oh wow, I go out and miss the patch of awesome! Talent changes are excellent. Glyphs look really great! Kudos to Ghost and the rest of the development team - well done!

My single remaining nitpick at this point is Shockwave not being a radius.

Enough words, time to go play on Beta!
    Good luck with that! If you have any luck w/ the server let us know.

Well, I have to patch first anyway =D

skim read and i don't think this was posted anywhere

Glyph of Taunt - Increases the chance for your Taunt ability to succeed by 8%.
    Glyph of Intervene - Increases the number attacks you intercept for your Intervene target by 1.
    Glyph of Spell Reflection - Reduces the cooldown of your Spell Reflection ability by 2 sec.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aughban View Post
    skim read and i don't think this was posted anywhere

Glyph of Taunt - Increases the chance for your Taunt ability to succeed by 8%.
    Glyph of Intervene - Increases the number attacks you intercept for your Intervene target by 1.
    Glyph of Spell Reflection - Reduces the cooldown of your Spell Reflection ability by 2 sec.
    rofl, just found it sorry.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

Call this a dumb question, but where exactly are all these glyphs coming from? The usual rep rewards and whatnot?

Also, are we still going to be able to use our own choice of long range weapon, or are we being forced to use the heroic throw thingo?

And are they changing warrior's scaling so much that they're cutting out 4% of our stam from Vitality and adding the str?

And I'm still curious as to what the deal is with switching Anticipation from 20 Def to 5% Dodge.

And one more question, since this is moving too quickly for me to keep up....what's the deal with Shield Block again? They nerfed the amount of blocks it'll take, but did something else to it which I can't quite remember....

I have to admit I'm pretty meh about Gag order. I don't care if Shield bash silences the target, but they're forcing us to put points into it so as to get the Shield Slam buff.

Overall, I'm glad the CD change on TC wasn't too extreme. The way they made it sound, I was expecting it to be more like a full minute or so. Combine that with the buffed Challenging Shout cd, and it looks like we'll actually have a legitimate aoe threat gen.

I'm still in agreement with whoever said that Shockwave needs a lot of work before it'll really be useful very much at all, tho. I can't think of many situations when I'm lucky enough to have a line of mobs all in a row in front of me, and then to stun them, so I'm not getting any rage doesn't make any sense at all. Seems more like it should be a 51 pt Arms talent instead of prot.

Ya know, I've thought this for a long time, but if I had my way, when someone hits 70 (soon to be 80), they should get an extra 5 talent points, instead of just one, if only because it wouldn't leave quite as many useful talents grey and empty. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

Inscription - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Shield Block is on a one minute cooldown now, or 40 seconds if you talent it.

The Vitality change is adding 1% stamina, dropping 4% strength, and adding the 6 expertise back that we lost from Defiance.

You take Gag Order so that you get the shield slam bonus and so that your instant cast Heroic Throw (which throws your main hand weapon) to pull, it silences the target when it hits and makes that pesky caster run to you. Sure, you can waste bag slots on ammo and use a gun/bow/crossbow... but why would you?

Inscription - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Shield Block is on a one minute cooldown now, or 40 seconds if you talent it.

The Vitality change is adding 1% stamina, dropping 4% strength, and adding the 6 expertise back that we lost from Defiance.

You take Gag Order so that you get the shield slam bonus and so that your instant cast Heroic Throw (which throws your main hand weapon) to pull, it silences the target when it hits and makes that pesky caster run to you. Sure, you can waste bag slots on ammo and use a gun/bow/crossbow... but why would you?
    If it uses your MH wep to pull then does the pull do Weapon damage with some AP modifier or is it a set amount of threat with a silence?
    Nom Nom NOM =D

Sure, you can waste bag slots on ammo and use a gun/bow/crossbow... but why would you?
    Quick reply before I check out your link, but why would I?

Nesingwary 4000: Gun. (Requires Level 80) 181-337 Damage, Speed 2.00, 129.5 DPS, +42 Stamina, Blue Socket (Bonus: +6 Stamina), Equipe: +18 hit rating, +21 defense rating.

That's why.

Engineering - WotlkWiki - Wrath of the Lich King Information
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

You can have it equipped and still use Heroic Throw... you just save your ammo by throwing your weapon and using the gun as a stat stick.

+ Reply to Thread