+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badge gear order

Badge gear order

i was wondering what were the primary pieces of badge gear i should be focusing on. I had my first run of kara last night, and havnt bought any badge gear yet so i need to replace pretty much everything, but was just wondering in what order. Right now i have 26 badges and i saw a good cloak and a good ring that i could get, but didnt know if i should wait for some of the more expensive pieces or not.

Heres the armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory

Nice Starters set Sloth...you look like you know what you are doing

I would get the 2.4 Badge Belt first [item]girdle of the fearless[/item] first
    Then the 2.3 Bracers [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item] second
    Run Heroic Magisters alot for the 2 trinkets in there
    Then go for the 2.4 Legs

I have to disagree with Brucimus. [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item] is very nice, but it is not what you want to pick up first. [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item] are also nice, but again, not something to pick up right away. Right now, your biggest problem is survival, not threat.

I would recommend [item]Sunguard Legplates[/item] first and [item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item] next. After that, I'd pick up [item]Slikk's Cloak of Placation[/item] and [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]. Do not get the ring if it will drop you under 490 defense. After those, pick up [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item]. After that, grab [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item], [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item], and Brooch of Deftness[/item]. And once you're all done with what I've listed, pick up [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item].

It'll take a ton of badges to get all that, and you'll get other upgrades along the way. A general rule of thumb is to not upgrade an epic if you still have a blue you could replace, and not to upgrade a solid epic if you have a weak one to replace.

your biggest problem is survival, not threat
    I disagree. I think Threat is more important at the Kara/Heroic level. You are tanking trash alot more than you are tanking bosses. also there is a good chance at this late stage of this expansion that this blues clad tank here has some epiced out Healer who can keep him up as long as he can keep the boss under control

I also cite Vene's Pick order from April wich i mostly agree with The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com

I realize that the getting legs or chest is the sexier choice....but that belt/bracers will never be replaced

thanks for the replies

I waited for the 100 badge chest. It's a huge upgrade over whatever you might be having (you are logged in dps gear atm, but im guessing aldor revered chest). Also, since you are starting kara, theres bracers from attumen, belt from moroes and gloves from maiden. It would be a bit of a bummer to get a shiny new belt only to have one drop from moroes later in the evening. I realize that moroes belt isn't all the rage, but its still a solid upgrade when starting out in kara.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

The badge belt and bracers are such a huge upgrade in terms of survivability and threat, they are easily the first items you should get. Not to mention that 110 badges gets you both of them.

And basing your badge purchases on what is "likely" to drop from kara bosses - who you get only 1 shot against per week - is a sure path to insanity.

I crafted a Fireguard, worked on my rotation and used heroic strike as much possible and I didn’t have much of an issue with threat when I started out. With the kind of gear you start in (Felsteel etc..) I found I had a truckload of rage to work with in Heroics and Kara, it was just a matter of using it efficiently for threat. I did the PVP grind first and got some shoulders and a shield. I got all my gear blue gemmed and enchanted and I did alright in most heroics. My first badge purchase was the chest as I felt it offered me the biggest survivability boost in all areas – avoidance, stamina and armour. I got the pants second and the belt third. It took a lot of heroics to get them but that was good practise in itself, and I got the big purchases out of the way early, so my other badge pieces came thick and fast (gloves, cloak, bracers, ring). I can see the logic in getting the cheaper pieces first but whatever works for you and your gear. I'm saving up a few more badges for the Autoblocker now.

+ Reply to Thread