+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sun Eater

I have worst luck in the world.

H Mech - 37 times. No Drop.

Kara - roughly 20 times. Only drop was the ONLY kara I have missed due to work. Needless to say, I still have not got it.

I've been thinking about using a slow, purple weapon (Heartless) just to get rid of my blue SS rep sword that I'm tired of seeing.

Took a good month of running H mech almost daily -_-

But ya know... overall I think it made me a better tank cuz I tanked with that crappy blue for the longest time.

Dropped on my second run. A Mage got it...

Ran Heroic Mech every day for over a month. Nothing.
    Ran Kara every week for months. Nothing

KD eventually dropped on the Friday night.
    SE dropped the next morning when we actually wanted the boots for a new priest.

The loot gods are sometimes evil.

The loot gods are evil...

I have run kara 3 times, heroic ramps about 5, still no tanking plate...

i have a real nice dps set sitting in the bank though...

Sun eater seems to be dropping left and right for guild mates, so it may have been boosted post 3.x. I'm running it today.. wish me luck inuros blade is ok, but not worthy of the enchants i want to put on sun eater

Hi all first time poster here. I am running heroics now and was wondering with the new changes should I try for this? I have the Blazefury BS weapon which is a better dps weapon. Is Sun Eater mitigation needed now before wotlk?

Finally after a year!

So I woke up this morning and had an hour to kill before I headed out to work. Logged in my tank and trade channel says, "LFtank for daily Hmech...pst." I was very sketch as we had a fury warrior in group also. "Maybe it'll drop today....," is what ran in my head. The pulls were good, pally kind of under geared but her heals were timed well. And after 50mins and killing Pathaleon, the loot table exposed "The Sun Eater." I didn't even have to read the name as I knew and recognized the item's icon. So I clicked need and it was still being rolled for even after the rest of party passed for me. The fury warrior on the other hand in titans grip spec was contemplating.......................after 2 mins he passed.

I was relieved and finally got it after doing random runs in Hmech for almost a year totaling in about 60-70 runs . I felt complete and now gonna work on KD or Cleaver from ZA. For now, just happy to own the one "ethereal blade feared across the cosmos..." GL to all and I hope one day you can experience what I've experienced this morning in WoW hehe.

With all BC gear, now that WotLK is on the horizon the question remains: how much of the current content do you want to see and how long do you want to go into the expansion (lvl 70-80) before you replace your gear?

I will always hold onto my Sun Eater. Just for looks (I got the KD just recently planning on enchanting it soon=D)

Took me quite long to get SE, I hit exalted with Sha'tar long before that damn thing dropped. After that my luck with weapons turned around and got KD pretty quickly, followed by Mallet on first or second Lurker kill. Then ZA was released and got called to offtank for T6 geared "pug", got Cleaver on first Zul'jin kill

....Battleworn Tuskguard is still avoiding me, tho.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

LFG Barthialas server H Mech.

Seriously hard to find a PUG for this.

+ Reply to Thread