+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sun Eater

Finally got it!

Dropped for me last night, and i have mongoose on it now.

Mech ~30 something, Sun eater 1. One being all i need.
    In russian wow, mobs tank YOU!

3 Runs

1. [item]Handguards of the Steady[/item]
    2. [item]Vanquisher's Legplates[/item]
    3. [item]The Sun Eater[/item]

I'm happy.

It droped for me on my first and second run.

I've run H-Mech far too many times to recall, but I was fortunate enough to snag [item]The Sun Eater[/item] on my 4th venture there. Mech is easy enough to farm (barring complete idiots), so just dig your heels in and farm it.

Or, just run Kara and pray for KD to drop from the Chess event.

go go free loot.

2 months on my warrior, first run on my Hunter. Had to craft Fireguard, and get kings defender to get this to drop. Drops for my Hunter first run, tank already has it, so we roll for fun an its sitting in my Hunters bank now.

Sad thing when it dropped for my warrior the Huntard in the group wanted it for some reason, and refused to pass, and started linking my epics questioning why I wanted it after I said I was needing in party chat. I responded to him by first saying, well its a tanking weapon, and I need it for my avoidance set, and what are you going to use it for. Even the scrub rogue passed. Finally after a few tense moments he passes, calls me a loot !@%! @ and drops group. But at least I got my Sun Eater.

8 runs for me =)

1 Run
    Now it's waiting for the new pally talent...

I've never run Mechanar for the Sun Eater. My weapon progression has been:
    • Crystalblade of the Dranei (cheap BoE)
    • Apexis crystal mace (cheap BoE)
    • (Ignore Grom'tor's Charge it has lousy DPS)
    • (Go for Innuro's Blade now that it's available)
    • Honor's Call (Hellfire rep)
    • Quickening Blade of the Prince (2x, from MgT heroic)
    • Current goal: Cleaver of the Unforgiving (Zul-Jin)
    I got a second Quickening Blade to have Executioner on one and Mongoose on the other and that was my tanking weapons sorted. Eventually a King's Defender dropped in Kara, and much later a Sun Eater dropped during a Mechanar badge run. These two have Mongoose on them and I only use them on some raid bosses.

I like threat weapons. Tank weapons should have DPS stats. That's why they are called "weapons" and not "armor".

Stopped counting at 45 but it eventually dropped.

never dropped and i stopped going at little over 50 runs when i got kings defender.
    funny thing is when i first got kings defender i got mallet of the tides and the ZA tanking axe the 2 following days

my freind did around 60+ runs and never got his aswell

much like the bold shoulders the sun eater is a lie.

28 runs and counting in HMgT and no commendation. Got the shard second run, but am doubtful the commendation will ever drop.

never have gotten it, and ive run heroic mech over 50 times easily.

2 Heroic mech runs, got my suneater.
    About 6 months of kara runs, saw two KD's drop, was dps both times and got beat both times in offspec rolls. But finally got it to drop while tanking last week.
    Now....if I can only get my mallet or even better get my cleaver off Zul'jin to drop, i'll be set.

50ish for my Sun Eater, still haven't seen the King's Defender. @.@

I haven't even tried H mech yet, cuz KD dropped my first time in kara (I was still arms for lvling, wielding a quest green). But now that I only need badges/kara loot, I might do some mechs and see if the sword drops (be nice to have for avoid set)... I'll let you know if it drops my first time in there too :P

59 runs with my paladin and no drop

it drops when my warrior tanks half the time. its been very fustrating

It's never dropped while I was on my tank. It's dropped 4 times now while I was on my mage, the latest being last night with my tank friend doing the tanking. Funny thing is, 2 days ago he would have killed for it, but earlier that day before mech, we cleared ZA and he got the cleaver from ZJ so he passed the suneater to a dps warrior in the group that needed it. I also got the cleaver on my tank just 4 days ago which replaced my mallet, and I'm an orc so bonus!

Got so angry after 6 months of no epic tank sword drops I switched to weaponsmithing and made Blazefury. Of course the very next HMech run Suneater finally drops (over 20 runs). So far in over 25 kara runs I have never seen KD drop.

Mallet dropped during a ssc "pug" (from hell). So now im just waiting for the cleaver.

But on a funny side note, my net went down last night right before I went into hyjal with a friends guild, all of which are very well geared. After two hours of messing with my net I got on to find that not only did the unbreakable will/ pepe's drop BUT, the shield dropped....the sword and cloak got broke, and the shield got picked up by one of the dps warriors.....oh well.

+ Reply to Thread