+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sun Eater

Sun Eater

I've been tanking heroics for about a month/month and a half now. Running full clears of kara and 5-mans 4 nights a week. Focusing on h.Mech almost exclusively.

When is Sun Eater gonna drop!? That stupid sword does not have a 25% drop rate.

There is another thread in here about how many times it took for Suneater. Took me 13 times before I saw it drop.

It took me around 7 runs or so to get Sun Eater. My guild leader got her's in her first run. I know someone that ran it for like 30+ and it never dropped. :P

28 times here

1 time

The drop rate is 10%.

Took me 17 runs.

3 runs and I got no crap about it, the people with me knew it was tank loot. Anyway, I know a guy who ran for it 90 times. 90. nuff said.

Sun Eater, 5 runs. Shard of Contempt, 30 runs and counting...

I got a Sun Eater on about my 10th run. Iím still trying for the Shard of Contempt, that thing refuses to show itself. Havenít even had the chance to lose a roll on it!

Haven't run HMech. The ret pally I run with tanked one HMech run (when I wasn't there) and got Suneater. He was giving having fun showing it off to me afterwards .

I OT'ed a Kara badge run the other day and got KD though, so I dunno when I'll go for Suneater. That was Kara run #3 for me.

42 runs on my warrior

Run 1 on my pally

Run 1 on my Warlock

Run 1 on my rogue

Got to love rng

Got my Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade before I got a Suneater. Though I gave up on running heroic Mech a long time ago.

King's Defender - 2nd Karazhan
    Suneater - like 10th heroic mech
    mallet of tides - 3 ssc's
    brutaliser - 4 1/2 months of BT grinding .

I've never had that many problems getting the weapons, its the shields that take me ages.
    Nom Nom NOM =D

When I actually wanted the sword (for the new pally 51 point talent) it only took 2 runs :O

20 runs for my sun eater
    5 months of Kara for that Kings Defender
    2 lurker kills and no mallet yet =(

Quote Originally Posted by hanago View Post
    I've been tanking heroics for about a month/month and a half now. Running full clears of kara and 5-mans 4 nights a week. Focusing on h.Mech almost exclusively.

When is Sun Eater gonna drop!? That stupid sword does not have a 25% drop rate.
    It will drop everytime you go in there on an alt, but it will never drop when you are there on the tank that needs it.

I'm at 22 runs on my warrior, not once has it dropped, 16 runs on my druid (mind you I only started counting the runs on my druid after my first warrior run) and it has dropped 9 times, 6 of which the thing got DE'd.

I've given up on the stupid thing, and don't even get me started on the myth that is the kings defender. That thing has dropped 3 times in the last 6 months for us, ALL 3 TIMES I WAS THERE ON MY DRUID, NOT MY WARRIOR AND DIDN'T SWITCH BECAUSE I WAS SURE IT WOULDN'T DROP.

I start running Mecha for it today. Keep thine finger crossed.

OK long time lurker, first time poster. Figured I'd share this, since it happened yesterday. After running HMGT time after time, with Shard dropping only twice and losing the roll to a T6+ geared druid who needed and a ret pally alt ("I have it on 5 other toons lol!"), I got it. Finally. With the DPS shoulders and chest in my bank (using S2 for offset at moment), having the quickening sword and the breeching comet axe and the commendation already and seeing those all drop multiple times. Finally.

So I obviously play this game too much nowadays. Anyhow, did an H Mech run for the heck of it later on, and the Sun Eater dropped. Already have KD and QBoP, but it was nice to get that too.

Bottom line - shard and sun eater, same day.

3 runs, 2 drops. I lost the first drop to a fury warrior who needed it cause he "occasionally OT's kara". It dropped again the very next run.

Got my Shard of Contempt on my 2nd MgT, still haven't seen a Commendation, but I rarely go in there anymore.

Has never dropped for me. I've run Mech upwards of 20 times.

+ Reply to Thread