+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talent Tree Specs for WotLK

Talent Tree Specs for WotLK

So... I have been reading a lot of different forums about what is going to change with protection warriors and what stumps me currently is the lack of points in the talent tree. It seems there has been mixed reviews on anything past Vigilance. A recent article I found indicated that a spec such as the one below, will be the norm for main tanks or off-tanks in WotLK.

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

I would like other people's thoughts on this, as to me this spec look like it is meant for off-tanks that can DPS as needed. The more I read these articles, the more they touted about the 1500 to 2000 TPS these specs are able to put out. This type of TPS was, and still is, a huge advantage in BC with all the crazy warlocks putting out equal if not more DPS. As we know, tanks need to try and put out as much threat as possible to keep mobs on them. We also know a lot of people do not watch their threat and some inevitably wipe the raid.

I guess what I am asking is, are these specs viable full tank specs? And if so, what really makes them that way?

That talent tree is outdated, use the MMO-Champion ones. =P
    Prot got a buff if you didn't know, so there may be more use than that,

+ Reply to Thread