+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xav's Beta Crit

Xav's Beta Crit

Xav just owned me with this screenshot.... Enjoy!

Aww cider, you didn't have to!

e-blush
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

It's a 14k self-buffed Shield Slam... of course I had to. That is my primary motivation in life!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    It's a 14k self-buffed Shield Slam... of course I had to. That is my primary motivation in life!
    Self buffed? Do Warriors get Gift of the Wild and Leader of the Pack in WotLK???

Quote Originally Posted by sorednbored View Post
    Self buffed? Do Warriors get Gift of the Wild and Leader of the Pack in WotLK???
    Hadn't noticed those, but to be fair you're talking about 16.5 block value, or just a bit more than 1% of Xav's SBV.

Self-buffed was meant as a reference to a legitimate Shield Slam; the huge Shield Slam crits in our records thread are created with multiple layers of Berserking buffs.

Heh... am I the only one whose brain made the buffs with a few seconds left on them flicker? A couple of seconds into staring at the buffs, I went "it's a freaking screenshot, not a UI" and the flickering stopped.

I have this feeling that the current shield slam records will be pulverized once people get some gear at 80

Actually Xav, what's that Addon you have on there with the cooldowns for Shield Slam, Disarm, Shield Block etc.?

Sorednbored: That would be Cooldowntimers2

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard View Post
    Sorednbored: That would be Cooldowntimers2
    Thanks

Thank you Xav for that test.
    I really want to know how Revenge hits in the same conditions, can I ask you to do another test in the same conditions with this skill ?

SS has been buffed it's clear, but it can be really useful to compare it with other skills, and I think the more relevant comparison is with Revenge to evaluate his "priority" in a cycle.

It is a second request but can you link your template too please ?

This has no goal to say "hey you see this, the cycle is that !", it is just to have an idea. With all the changes done on WoTLK + the 10 more levels it is really hard to have an idea.
    Check-Raise, always.

Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion View Post
    I have this feeling that the current shield slam records will be pulverized once people get some gear at 80
    Why? So far I've only seen one non-shield item from WotLK itemized with block value.

Items - World of Warcraft

The block value given from strength is nothing compared to the amount you get from directly itemizing gear with block value. Unless epic gear from WotLK is itemized very differently from what we've seen so far, shield slam record gear will be what we have now plus a new item or two (probably a shield).

I'm not in beta but I would be very much interested in how much damage a normal/unbuffed/no weird specced shield slam hits for. Large numbers are cool but what does it actually hit for against a same level sundered target?

Quote Originally Posted by suesse_llane View Post
    Why? So far I've only seen one non-shield item from WotLK itemized with block value.

The block value given from strength is nothing compared to the amount you get from directly itemizing gear with block value. Unless epic gear from WotLK is itemized very differently from what we've seen so far, shield slam record gear will be what we have now plus a new item or two (probably a shield).
    Holy Crap! A llane person. *waves*

I just love how there's training dummies in the expansion lol!

As awesome as this SS crit is, was I the only one that was really pumped by how much the white damage crits were?

So the question is... who breaks 20k first? And is 30k possible? Let's hope so

Quote Originally Posted by suesse_llane View Post

There will be items with BV.

Check the tank shoulders on this shot:

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/news/8885/blueitems.jpg
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

And honestly -- now that STR-to-BV conversion is 2-1 rather than ~20-1, STR matters. A lot.

Plate Armor - Items - World of Warcraft
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    I just love how there's training dummies in the expansion lol!

As awesome as this SS crit is, was I the only one that was really pumped by how much the white damage crits were?

So the question is... who breaks 20k first? And is 30k possible? Let's hope so
    Funny thing is, I was only using a Decapitator for that, an old old old weapon without much top-end compared to what's ingame now! (Haven't been able to get any of the new 1h swords with over 400 top end and like 130 dps.. drool)

As for spec, It was something odd like 12/21/38 ? I think that makes sense.

I can't revenge under those exact same conditions, but I'll do similar (due to not having anything to trigger Revenge vs the target dummy).

I will say revenge is VERY, VERY nice now and its scaling off of AP is fantastic. Extremely high threat move, almost no rage cost. In just 5 mans in my threat set (around 2k buffed AP), my revenge tooltip is like 1100 top-end, so it can crit for 1500+ (armor, etc).

I get 4k+ shield slam crits semi regularly without using any block trinkets (or stacking block gear in my threat gear). If you used more block stuff and/or double block trinkets in your threat set, you could easily see 5-6k+ shield slams in your 5 mans. (crits).
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Interesting values. We also have to remember we are missing one part of our itemization. They have not revealed the glyphs for Warriors and eventually everyone will have all glyph slots filled out. They are like a few talent points extra as I understand it.

Bit annoyed about the new talent build more because I feel I have to leave something out if I want a talent like Impale and with all the new crit improving talents ofcourse I want impale grr

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    I will say revenge is VERY, VERY nice now and its scaling off of AP is fantastic.
    Yes I forgot that and the difference items will provide to these numbers.
    Check-Raise, always.

+ Reply to Thread