+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Cape Comparison

General Cape Comparison

Hmm, while reading a post on Avoidance vs EH, I came across a lot of thumbs up for Devilshark Cape from SV thanks to it having 4 tanking stats on it. What I want to know is, does it still perform better than The World of Warcraft Armory In general as I can afford this cloak right now. I currently own the Burnoose of Shifting Ages from Deja and am looking to upgrade my cloak for a Gruul's run this Friday for which I will be OTing.

Sorry, I just can't handle the maths you guys can do :P

Keep up the nice work, this place is my number one tank resource and has improved me much as a tank.

they are two different capes for two different jobs

[item]Devilshark Cape[/item] is an awesome threat cape because of the SBV.

the slikk's is more focused on mitigaton!

get it, definitly. dont use it all the time however!
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

Ok, which one would you recommend for OTing Gruul's perhaps MTIng in the future? My cloak from Deja has exactly the same SBV, so if that's its major kicker, is it a major upgrade I should farm normal SV for?

I'm thinking perhaps using Slikk's for Gruuls as I hear the fight with Gruul especially is more of an EH fight and slicks has more Stam and Armor. Can anyone confirm this please?

Oh..and that was a damned fast reply btw^^:P

Also, when you say don't use it all the time, what kind of bosses would you use it on? Fast, hard hitter types?

well, it depends on the fight. if you need a tiny bit more of a threat boost then i would suggest that you wear it. otherwise, i would tank most bosses in slikks and trash in the devilshark.

For MTing gruul i would have to say slikks (i dont want to get into enchant preferences because someone will come into this thread with a different opinion to me and we will have another epic CAPE ENCHANT WARS - now on DVD)

for OTing him. provided you can keep a pretty high stam value, i would wear devilshark's for the extra threat so that your melee can do that little bit more
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

+ Reply to Thread