+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protection Improvements (Build 8885)

Protection Improvements (Build 8885)

Stay tuned! I'll have a full report once I get more time in Beta. Here's the overview:

Weapon Throw - Level 80

Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [100% of AP + 1] damage (based on attack power). This ability causes high Threat.
    30 yard range, 0.5 second cast, 20 second cooldown.

Critical Block
    Your successful blocks have a 30% chance to block double the amount and increases your chance to critically hit with your Shield Slam by an additional 15%.

Sword and Board
    When your Devastate and Shield Slam abilities deal damage they have a 15% chance of refreshing the cooldown of your Shield Slam ability and reducing it's cost by 100% for 5 seconds.

Improved Defensive Stance
    While in Defensive Stance, all spell damage is reduced by 6% and when you Block, Parry, or Dodge an attack you have a 100% chance to become Enraged, increasing melee damage by 10% for 12 seconds.

Vigilance
    Focus your protective gaze on a group or raid target, increasing their chance to dodge by 5% and reducing the threat they cause by 10%. In addition, the next 3 times they are hit by an attack your Taunt cooldown is refreshed. Lasts 30 minutes.

Toughness
    Increases your armor value from items by 10% and reduces the duration of all movement slowing effects by 50%.

Safeguard
    Reduced to 2 ranks from 3.

Charge
    Something fishy is in our 41-point talent slots!

what is this charge change?
    i really never use charge, maybe in pvp, but not in any instance or raid.

Just using my Gun
    seems littlebit useless?

Puncture changed to a 2 point talent only removes 2 rage...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think I need to macro the sentence "I hope this isn't the prot review."

Serennia is saying in the beta forum that the 41-point charge has no minimum range and works in combat.

All the changes in the prot tree are for the better though.. Vigilance is still kinda goofy, but better than nothing. But did it always reduce threat caused by 10%?.. I know it had been suggested. /shrug.

As for the rest..

Imp. def. stance is now a threat booster that scales.
    Imp. critical block also includes +15% critical strike chance to shield slam.
    Imp. shield wall nows adds 10% more damage reduction.
    Sword and board now has 5% more of a chance to proc.

Imp. revenge isn't quite a buff.. but it doesn't eat up so many talent points to max at least, same as puncture as you mentioned.. not a huge deal. It sure makes it easier to skip - if that would really be wise.

I'm still waiting for more info about this charge talent, which at first I thought was a glitch..

All in all, it's definitely a step forward. I don't know how much more we can ask for :P especially with a new ranged threat ability.. if it's available in defensive stance, even better.. some stance dancing wouldn't be terrible though.

Finally, your ranged attack for warriors Cider, you must be happy!

I will admit though, it looks pretty sweet.

Ferals get defensive stance!

Branches off from Leader of the Pack

Mother Bear:

Increase Attack Power for Bear form and Dire Bear form by 60%, and for each friendly player in your party, damage you take is reduced while in Bear form and Dire Bear form by 3%(Max 12%).

Quote Originally Posted by Gellor View Post
    Ferals get defensive stance!

Branches off from Leader of the Pack

Mother Bear:

Increase Attack Power for Bear form and Dire Bear form by 60%, and for each friendly player in your party, damage you take is reduced while in Bear form and Dire Bear form by 3%(Max 12%).
    I read that as possibly going up to 15% if it counts yourself.

The warrior prot changes sound like a movement towards the best. The extra damage and rewording is bound to get changed again, but I am liking the extra damage and such to get more tps

They are bloating the heck out of the prot tree. I won't be able to make fun of people running around as 0/0/61 (or 71) quite as much.

Interesting stuff and I have a long, rainy weekend to play with it

Throw weapon is pretty hawt looking. Ranged weapons really will be nothing but stat sticks now.

When I'm prot, I farm/grind in battle stance and use charge alot and figure to do some of that in the expansion so that might be pretty good stuff.

did you consider the synergy of:

While in Defensive Stance, all spell damage is reduced by 6% and when you Block, Parry, or Dodge an attack you have a 100% chance to become Enraged, increasing melee damage by 10% for 12 seconds.

with Enraged Assault?

1 extra instant attack at 15 base rage cost every 10 sec.

don't believe that is too shabby

I like the prot talents with scaling damage and crit increases. More use of AP in the formulas should meld nicely with the itemization of STR on tank gear.

I'm eyeballing a spec that might drop Cruelty completely (17/0/54), since you can get bigger crit bonuses for HS and SS from the prot tree now.

I'm looking forward to seeing these changes tested. I wish I had a beta key

Quote Originally Posted by Endyllion View Post
    did you consider the synergy of:

with Enraged Assault?

1 extra instant attack at 15 base rage cost every 10 sec.

don't believe that is too shabby
    Assuming it's on GCD, that's an awful trade for a devastate - you'd do less damage (assuming 5 sunders are up) and threat for five more rage, and lose the 10% melee buff. The buff is the thing that's useful to us here, it should stay up constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Urhan View Post
    Assuming it's on GCD, that's an awful trade for a devastate - you'd do less damage (assuming 5 sunders are up) and threat for five more rage, and lose the 10% melee buff. The buff is the thing that's useful to us here, it should stay up constantly.
    Whoops, that should be "2 more rage" - forgot to deduct for focused rage.

3 more rage, actually... 9 vs. 12.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath View Post
    3 more rage, actually... 9 vs. 12.
    >_<

Okay, I need to actually look at the new talents before I start making stupid comments. Puncture only 2 points.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Charge seems really useless, especially with all the intervene talents, cant believe that 41 talent tbh

Starting to look tasty, any particular point to charge popping up like a random entity?
    Having finally downloaded all the crap would be nice to get past authenticating....
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

Goddamnit, when is blizz going to stop the talen bloat in prot... This just makes it worse...

+ Reply to Thread