+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yet another Battleworn vs Tankatronics thread

Yet another Battleworn vs Tankatronics thread

Well the topic says it all....

Battleworn Tuskguard dropped like 3 times for us now and I passed it twice to my Pally/Warrior offtank as they needed an upgrade much more.

So the third was mine and I was planning to replace my tankatronic googles with the battleworn as I wanted a "new" all purpose tanking helmet.

Thats my current armory profile with the shard equipped. On hard hitting bosses I use Moroes Pocketwatch.

Stats for those to lazy to check:
    17840 Armor
    17035 HP unbuffed (no commanding shout)
    Dodge 22,38%
    Parry 16,73 %
    Block 24,5% with a SBV of 438
    Hit is 46
    Expertise is 33

My guild just does 10 mans and we currently got ZA on farm and got 2 Bear mounts with me as tank.

I was planning to do the following changes to my Gems:
    Gyrobalanced Destroyer gets an epic +10 hit gem, activating the socket bonus.
    Tuskguard gets +15 Stamina, +10 Dodge, +10 Defense (my defense would drop below 490 otherwise).

Which leaves me with -3 hit, -8 Defense, + 11 Dodge, +65 Armor, +35 SBV in comparison to the Tankatronics if my calculations are right.

What do you think about that? Would it be ok to NOT gem for stamina here? I am sitting on something like 21k + stamina when raidbuffed and I doubt that I ever need more tbh.

I would appreciate any feedback as I dont want to waste money on the epic gems just to realise that the upgrade is not worth it.

Last edited by Felsen; 08-29-2008 at 02:59 PM.

I found my self in the same situation.. imo pick up the tuskguard and gem it out.. see if you really benefit from it.. it sounds like your goggles are more of a benefit but the helm is better for an EH set. Pick up the helm and keep for future resist gear imo

Tankatronic Goggles vs Battleworn Tuskguard - Warriors - TankingTips.com

answers all your questions and gives you cake to boot

ib4Vene

<3
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

Quote Originally Posted by Sanelora View Post
    Tankatronic Goggles vs Battleworn Tuskguard - Warriors - TankingTips.com

answers all your questions and gives you cake to boot

ib4Vene

<3
    Thanks mate!

I was pretty sure I read a good comparison somewhere and I was sure it was on tankspot, but the search didnt get me the results I wanted.

Should have checked my other bookmarks. D'oh!!

Most people think the tuskguard comes out ahead....IF they fail to remember about the meta. 10% block will usually come out to more than the block on the tuskguard. Which means you can pretty much cancel out the BV on that helm when comparing the two. Once you do that, it's clear which one comes out on top.

In the end Tankatronic goggles are better avoidance while Battleworn Tuskguard has better effective health.
    Gearing up and getting higher Shield Block values give the Tankatronic Goggles a bigger and bigger edge for threat.

as Mr Vene said. its a coin-toss.

the choice depends on the fight that you are doing and what kind of stats that you need. if you need/would prefer Effective health then the Tusk-guard is what you would use, loaded with 15 stam gems. Similarly, the tankatronics gemmed with the eternal earthstorm diamond are good for the avoidance and as the fine posts above mine state, the SBV gained from the meta is very subjective on what gear you are using and what you SBV is sitting at.

all in all, an interesting debate
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

I really tend to go with Vene's assessment here. If gemmed with stam, the ZA hat:
    Threat: Tuskguard
    Avoidance: Tie
    Effective Health: Tuskguar
    (assuming 15 stams in the trollhat and the new meta in the goggles.) Looks wise, well, that one is ez too

I use my Goggles for my 5 man and trash sets. I have the ZG enchant on it and the Block Value Meta in it. I use the Tusky on bosses and EH situations

the only thing the tuskguard has over the goggles is armor. that's it. unless your block value is very low, the meta WILL give more block than the tusk. No reason to use the tuskguard IMO. Dunno why ppl discuss this, lol.

+ Reply to Thread