+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice wanted :)

Advice wanted :)

Hi everyone, here's my armory profile - The World of Warcraft Armory

I'm mainly looking for advice on improving on the gear I already have. Should I be enchanting/gemming differently, is there anything I'm missing or would be a good idea to get.

The guild I'm in is currently moving into ZA and hoping to form a 25man team as well.

I just want to be prepared and if there is anything I should be aiming for to better server the guild, I'd appreciate input

Re my gear, I don't have KD even though we have Kara on farm and it only dropped once but I passed for our other guild warrior to get. Instead I thought to use Quickening Blade of the Prince from Kael in H MGT.

Cheers in advance,
    No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

imo stick with the suneater until you can get zul'jin down and get the axe from him. Also, jungle stompers would be a nice upgrade for you as would any other shoulders besides the ones you're wearing ;o

Your health pool is substantial; I would switch the meta gem to [item]Eternal Earthstorm Diamond[/item] for the extra threat. I see you have the ring from Shade of Aran, once I got that I traded in my kara tank ring for [item]Violet Signet of the Master Assassin[/item] for my threat set, the hit rating is nice. That and the [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item] as your next badge purchase should get your hit rating near 95. Of course I have some great healers so I tend to favor threat when possible.

The question is really HOW would you like to improve your character, would you like to improve your survivability boss tanking, survivability trash tanking, or threat.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I actually forgot all about the badge gauntlets to be honest - I'll be working towards those.

I think with our guild moving into 25man raids I would like to look at improving my boss survivability.

Past weekend we downed Mag and Gruul(guild first) - which was an awesome experience since it was the first time I'd done both fights - I got that rush that I'm sure all tanks get when they are about to attempt a new boss.
    We took down Mag on our first attempt - great work those clickers!! We downed Gruul on our second attempt. I'm wondering about future bosses and how they compare to Mag and Gruul in terms of hit because I survived with no difficulties both encounters and it was our dps dieing that failed our first try on Gruul.

In terms of threat, I've never had any issues there. I'm the second best geared warrior in our guild yet I get picked to tank bosses in raids. I've noticed that some of our other warriors don't put out nearly as much threat as I do. The GM's have picked up on this as well and I get asked to tank everything

My rotation is pretty solid, closest DPS is usually 30-50k thereat behind,they never have to hold back or slow down.

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

If Mag and Gruul were pretty easy, then I'd say you're on great track moving forward. Try to pick up the shield from Gruul as soon as it drops, as well as probably the SSO exalted shield (great for threat).

Regarding threat, I'm cautiously suspicious of your threat numbers. In your current gear, you don't have a single item, gem, or enchant focused on threat. Of course, the expertise on the badge gear is great, but the threat on those pieces is more the icing than the cake. If your dps has room to do fifty thousand more damage over the course of a fight, then your dps is probably pretty lacking.

--edit-- To avoid making an untrue statement: the SSO neck is indeed a threat piece, with hit and expertise.

That said, you'll see the upgrades as they come. Mostly from ZA: the shield from dragonhawk, the shoulders from timed chest #1, the helm from hex lord, the jungle stompers from the bear, and the trinket and axe from Zul'jin.

Wow that's a lot. It saddens me to know that I need most of it too. I should go do ZA. right now.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Spacegoat with this gear u can go BT without np at leat till Terron so dont bother u'r self with upgrades the upgrade u are mostly from MH and BT so all u have to do is raid GL

Cheers Odiin be.Imba was showing me the same thing but I didn't really believe it to to be honest.

@Mero - re my threat, like you say...unless Omen is feeding me wrong info I'm fairly sure of my threat. I PUGed ZA on the weekend and whenever I was looking at Omen in fights my TPS was 1000-1200 or more. - I use Sun Eater when I want the extra avoidance whereas when I'm looking for extra threat I use Quickening Blade of the Prince

About my gear not having any threat stats, unless I understood the concept of Expertise completely wrong, Expertise>Hit Rating until im Exp capped at which point it counts the same as HR - am I wrong? Also Expertise is a threat stat, since it reduces my % chance to miss...

I do have the SSO shield but keep it in the bags in case I'll ever need it - I prefer the avoidance from the current one I use.

The SSO shield is pretty good if u got 490 defens without the shield from Night Bane than use the SSO shield because dodge and hit rating are wery necesary.

+ Reply to Thread