+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bulwark of Azzinoth or S4 shield?

Bulwark of Azzinoth or S4 shield?

I have Bulwark of Azzinoth and I just reached 2050 personal rating. so my question is that S4 shield better than Bulwark of Azzinoth for tanking? Beryton's gear guide doesn't get updated now...

It is for encounters where magical damage is high, as it have more stamina than Bulwark. I don't know if the proc on Bulwark would surpase the improve in armor you get by adquiring Brutal's.
    For reference:
    [item]Bulwark of Azzinoth[/item]
    [item]Brutal Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item]

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

As Narshe said, the S4 is superior in terms of eh... so if you really want to get rid of your arena points...

On the other hand, there arent that many encounters where i would actually change BoA vs S4... the difference isnt that big, and i would stick with the BoA just because i love the stlye@dwarfen warriors

I say the shield from ILLIDAN is better for raiding because that 7 points of stamina is not a really big upgrade vs the chance to increase your armor and resilience is useless in PvE. But maybe I'm wrong.

The difference between them is quite small, but remember the Bulwark also has avoidance because of the defense rating. Combined with the proc and the awesome graphic, I'd stay with the Bulwark. Now my guild just has to kill Illidan....
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

I say the shield from ILLIDAN is better for raiding because that 7 points of stamina is not a really big upgrade vs the chance to increase your armor and resilience is useless in PvE. But maybe I'm wrong.
    You are. 7sta AND 626armor. That is a pretty big upgrade. Resilience isn't useless, it still provides crit reduction. And the proc-rate on the bulwark isn't a reliable form of EH; it's great for long fights where mana is a concern, but I wouldn't cite it as an EH upgrade any more than I'd rely on [item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] as an avoidance upgrade.

My verdict:
    Bulwark for threat/avoidance
    S4 for EH/magic-damage fights

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    You are. 7sta AND 626armor. That is a pretty big upgrade. Resilience isn't useless, it still provides crit reduction. And the proc-rate on the bulwark isn't a reliable form of EH; it's great for long fights where mana is a concern, but I wouldn't cite it as an EH upgrade any more than I'd rely on [item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] as an avoidance upgrade.

My verdict:
    Bulwark for threat/avoidance
    S4 for EH/magic-damage fights
    Resilience is definetely useless at his point in raiding as he would be waaaay over the defense cap. The 29 defense makes BoA a better shield in terms of avoidance and the Brutal shield would be a better threat/EH shield because of it's higher BV and lack of avoidance. I, however, would use [item]Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart[/item] with a 10 hit gem for a threat shield.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

+ Reply to Thread