+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Block Rating & Value what do I do?

Low Block Rating & Value what do I do?

I'm in t4 content/ZA and I'm worried about my block rating and value, I know it's not that useful considering warriors are uncrushable naked..but looking at it makes me want to kill myself.

Current stats:
    Health: 14754
    Armor: 16881
    Defense (5/5 ant):525
    Dodge: 23.06%
    Parry: 18.44%
    Block: 17% around 300 BV

Overall..around 70% avoidance my macro says.

I've got some peices that would sacrifice my dodge/armor/health for my BV and rating.

Is it really that important to drop other stats for BV+BR? Cause I see a lot of ZA gear has BV over other stats.. so the other warrior tanks in my guild are at around 35% BR and 19% dodge and parry.

Where did I go wrong?
    Last edited by nbska; 08-20-2008 at 04:57 PM.

No, BR is completely useless and BV is very low on the totem pole. Never focus on either. (Except BV for a threat set)

block rating is rubbish

If looking at your current stats makes you want to kill youself, then gearing for block rating and block value will actually make it possible to get yourself killed.

I tank black temple bosses with about the same block value as you.

get more block value, its great for threat, ignore block rating

Quote Originally Posted by nbska View Post
    Where did I go wrong?
    The question is not what -you- did wrong. Is what the other warrior had in his mind.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

That's what I figured, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Block rating is useful on multi-mob fights--mostly, this happens during trash, or adds on boss fights. They'll eat through your SB charges instantly, and you'll start taking full damage. They still can't crush you, (I'm not aware of any fights in the game where you'll have two level 73s attacking you) but you lose out on the SBV reduction from each hit.

Block rating has a use if you want to get passive crush immunity. Besides that it's not really a stats to pursue.

Passsive uncrushable is about avoidance+blockrating=102.4% (don't shoot me). For that blockrating is very nice because it's a very "cheap" stat. (about 8 rating for an extra 1% blocked attacks)

(edit)
    And ofcourse on multimob fights with not so hard hitting critters. Like farming, if you have a 100% chance for their attacks to be either avoided or blocked AND enough armor and debuffs to make normal hits on you less then your shield block value, I think you can make some insane pulls.............(how much do those wyrms in MgT heroic hit for?)

Those wryms hit for barely 200-300 on plate armor, you usually get that bv just from the shield.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

the only set with focus on BV and BR is the tier 5-set. even with full T6 (pre-SW) you won't hit the 500 BV-mark.
    as already mentioned, BR is only important when it comes to be passive crush-immune.

Back before ZA and badge gear got pervasive, many of my guild's MTs stood around 25-30% block rating, *not* because they were actively trying to build it up, but because they had a limited pool of gear to choose from, and in choosing gear for important stats like dodge and SBV, they end up with lots of block rating. It could honestly be that way, although with the pool of gear at T4/Za content available to most tanks right now, I suspect your fellow tanks are intentionally piling block rating. 30% block at that progression level and 19% dodge...? Sheesh!

Block Value is rediculously good on ZA trash

Block Rating is junk.

Get a mod like Itemrack or Outfitter and make a block value set, an avoidance set, an EH set and switch between them when appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread