+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: regarding Defense cap and healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Minya View Post
    the only heroic where you really benefit more from a big hp-pool than from more avoidance is MT.
    I'd have to disagree, as with everything, more hitpoints means more time for healers to do their thing - be this healing you, healing themselves from splash damage, or taking care of the overzealous dps. MGT is a perfect example of Stam stack, I will agree there, but things such as double tanking Greenkeepers in Bot, Destroyers in TK, Bog Lords in SV and UB... these large, hard hitting mobs are were the stam stack really shows through cause it gives your healer plenty of time and less "omg tank is dieing freak out" (I think anyone that has healed knows this feeling)

Back to the OP, you have good stats for running KZ, Heroics, and the what not, one thing you could do is add some dodge rating via agility enchants/dodge enchants/equipment. You seem relatively low compared to a lot of warriors I know -- this would mean you're going to take those big hits early one in a raid. Granted, I'm a pally, so I don't need to get hit to unload threat, but it avoidance does make things easier if the healer is asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    I'd have to disagree, as with everything, more hitpoints means more time for healers to do their thing - be this healing you, healing themselves from splash damage, or taking care of the overzealous dps. MGT is a perfect example of Stam stack, I will agree there, but things such as double tanking Greenkeepers in Bot, Destroyers in TK, Bog Lords in SV and UB... these large, hard hitting mobs are were the stam stack really shows through cause it gives your healer plenty of time and less "omg tank is dieing freak out" (I think anyone that has healed knows this feeling)
    My main is a priest, I've healed countless heroics. There is almost no doubt in my mind that avoidance is better (in regards to healing) than stam IN HEROICS. In raids it's a completely different story, outside the scope of this thread.
    When tanks stack stam with no regard to avoidance, it makes it much harder to heal other party members, makes it hard to do anything but chain heals on the tank. A 3-4 second break in heals and the tank goes PLOP.
    You are wrong, though I know I am speaking anecdotally, and if requested I can make my argument more concise.
    Warrior
    Priest
    Rest can go fuck themselves.

It's all about the balance... lets not start up another EH vs. Avoidance argument, you balance your EH to meet minimums of a zone, and then you get avoidance to make sure you smooth out the damage coming in in spikes, and then you stack threat. That's it, there is no argument about which is better, they all contribute to the end goal, you just need to balance them all.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread