+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BG/Starting Arena Wep

BG/Starting Arena Wep

OK, I actually have a couple of S2 pieces, even though I mainly PvE. Gonna go ahead and start re-speccing to arms to do some PvP instead of lame prot PvP, and I have [item]Gorehowl[/item] and [item]Despair[/item] sitting in the bank. I know that mace>swords>axe in PvP, but the dps and stats difference make me wonder.

So which one gets Executioner on it and becomes my PvP wep until I can rind enough honor for a mace?

Thanks!

i'd go with gorehowl, much more decent stated pvp wise, but i'd stick mongoose in it instead of executioner, or even savagery, no need to push for armor pen with a transition weapon.

I'd say gorehowl for now. Even though it is an axe, it's better than the sword. No real need to put an enchant on it, especially executioner, if you just plan to replace it when you get the honor. I'ld probably put savagery if you really want to have something on it.

Just to clarify, maces and swords are the two best. They both are the best choice in certain situations and comps.

Maces is dominant in 2's and 3's because the stun can make or break a game. Swords is dominant in 5's because 5's could use more burst than a stun in most cases. Plenty of people make swords and maces work of every type of team, so it's not impossible to do 2's with a sword or 5's with a mace.

I'd go with Gorehowl and get deathfrost. It's not the best enchant mind you, but compared to savagery or whatever, it's far superior once you balance the cost to effectiveness.

hmmm deathfrost, never thought about it =o it might work

unless you know... you thunderclap melee... But yeh deathfrost might be worth it.

And use Gorehowl, not only is a better weapon regardless of spec, at low levels of gearing, Axes will be quite useful.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread