+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Threat...

Need help with Threat...

So, I'm having a problem that I think a lot of us have had at one point or another. My guild is progressing through 10 man content. We've got Kara on farm and are working through ZA (We've killed Bear and Eagle). As we have geared it has become apparent that my dpsers are starting to out threat me a lot faster than they used to.

I would like to work on my gear to increase my threat. Here is a link to my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Any suggestions on what I can do to increase my threat? Due to my guild size, I only have access to 10 man raids/heroics for drops and badges. Is there anything I can get or do differently to help bump my threat. Thanks for your help guys!

Ok, first of all I would highly recommend getting rid of that +def gem. You're way over 490 def so no real reason to gem for it. To keep that meta activated and help with threat gen put in a +8 hit. If your guild is good enough in ZA, keep farming that first chest until you can get [item]Pauldrons of Stone Resolve[/item] That extra block value will help threat gen from SS.

If you have the badges pick up [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item]. (As an Aldor the SSO neck is more of an avoidance piece) I would also look at picking up [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item] and [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item].

If you have another weapon available, like Sun Eater, put the executioner enchant on your KD.

I recently redid some gear sets and picked up over 30 hit rating and noticed a BIG difference in my threat gen. I'm still not capped, (a poison vial would solve that ) but my threat gen now averages around 1100-1200 tps.

I have the badges to get the bracers now and i can fairly easily get the gloves as well. I have a sun eater with mongoose on it at the moment. Do you suggest i get executioner on my KD or suneater?

Exec on your KD.

if you're poor though or plan on getting mallet of the tides soon, it may be worth it to hold off on the exec on KD. Btw do you have Quickening Blade of the Prince? It's a better threat weapon I find than KD.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Darath View Post
    I have the badges to get the bracers now and i can fairly easily get the gloves as well. I have a sun eater with mongoose on it at the moment. Do you suggest i get executioner on my KD or suneater?
    It goes back to a thread I just read on tankingtips.com (free plug Vene )

Enchant your gear to its strengths. KD is a very good threat weapon, so why put mongoose (an avoidance enchant) on it? Executioner is a threat enchant so it makes sense to put it on KD, just as SE is a very good avoidance weapon which is why most enchant it with mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    if you're poor though or plan on getting mallet of the tides soon, it may be worth it to hold off on the exec on KD. Btw do you have Quickening Blade of the Prince? It's a better threat weapon I find than KD.
    No I don't plan on getting Mallet or Quikening Blade. Unfortunately I don't play enough and my guild is not big enough for 25 man raids. I've got to stick to 10 mans.

Looks like I've got to find someone on my server to do a couple of exec enchants (I also just make a Lionheart Executioner for my self a little pat on the back for me)

Duh, I can't believe I didn't notice you were a BS. You made the wrong sword. Make [item]Blazefury[/item] now. Really.

I can get the mats to make blazefury... is it worth it at the moment since i have KD and Suneater?

No I don't plan on getting Mallet or Quikening Blade. Unfortunately I don't play enough and my guild is not big enough for 25 man raids. I've got to stick to 10 mans.
    The quickening blade drops in H MgT, not TK. Easily achievable for the most casual of tanks who have kara/badge gear.

All four pieces Vissara listed and Kaz's suggestion of the Quickening Blade will all help, and so will an Autoblocker. If you're killing the Bear and Eagle bosses, then the Jungle Stompers are bound to drop. Those are pretty nifty.

But gear aside, what's your skill rotation like? I'm sure you and everyone else knows this, so let's say it all together: Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Devastate. Heroic Strike to soak up rage over ~55. Amen.

To make sure you're hitting that, something like Recount helps a ton. If you've got the rotation going perfectly, you should have just about twice as many Devs as you do SSlams and Revenges at the end of the fight. Check your combat log and see if this is happening. If it's not, then the rotation might need some fine tuning.

So, I'm having a problem that I think a lot of us have had at one point or another. My guild is progressing through 10 man content. We've got Kara on farm and are working through ZA (We've killed Bear and Eagle). As we have geared it has become apparent that my dpsers are starting to out threat me a lot faster than they used to.

I would like to work on my gear to increase my threat. Here is a link to my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Any suggestions on what I can do to increase my threat? Due to my guild size, I only have access to 10 man raids/heroics for drops and badges. Is there anything I can get or do differently to help bump my threat. Thanks for your help guys!
    Read Xavastrasz's guide and learn how to build threat more effectively. Your problem has NOTHING to do with gear. You will be a better player if you stay in your current gear and figure out how to do better.

I do bear mount full clears in mostly survival gear with M'uru killing quality DPSers. Simply because I know how to most effectively utilize my rage.

Learn effectiveness, don't use gear crutches.
    Last edited by Kamani; 08-14-2008 at 12:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread