+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bulwark of Azzinoth & Band of Eternal Defender

Bulwark of Azzinoth & Band of Eternal Defender

I just got my Bulwark tonight from our guild first kill of Illidan (yay!). Does the armor buff stack with the armor buff from the Band of the Eternal Defender? I tried doing a quick search of this site and wowhead, but found no discussion.

I believe it does, however they both have such extremely low proc rates it would probably take hours of testing to even find out

The Band of the Eternal Defender buff however does overlap Scrolls of Protection, and will remove the scroll buff when your ring procs.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

yes, the Ring & the Shield procc´s do stack - but as Xav said, the procc rates are really low, so dont expect that they will go off at the same time that often

I knew about the Band overwriting the Scrolls of Protection, which is what made me wonder. Thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanadark View Post
    They both stack.

It's easy to see as a paladin tank. When AOE tanking, they are both up like 75% of the time. Both are pretty OP for AOE tanking because of this.

They also kick in pretty frequently on Brutallus. Generally I get a Bulwark proc every time he's on me. But that's just because he attacks so freaking fast.
    lucky you.
    I can count all my bulwark-proccs on one hand, wearing it a couple of months now..

I think kaz's heart is way better itemized but that's another topic, I guess

edit: me = prot-warri, no tankadin. this might change the relations, but just a little bit..

Quote Originally Posted by bosephus View Post
    I just got my Bulwark tonight from our guild first kill of Illidan (yay!). Does the armor buff stack with the armor buff from the Band of the Eternal Defender? I tried doing a quick search of this site and wowhead, but found no discussion.
    must be nice, weve been killin him for like 3months with 0 drops

Quote Originally Posted by pompuspilot View Post
    must be nice, weve been killin him for like 3months with 0 drops
    Well, considering I've never gotten any shield to drop...ever...I think it was karma. I tanked everything in my tanking career using the reputation and pvp shields until the Bulwark dropped. Finally something goes my way

+ Reply to Thread