+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threat Weapon: Akil'zon's Talonblade vs QBotP

Threat Weapon: Akil'zon's Talonblade vs QBotP

I'm in a guild preparing to partake in WotLK's 10man progression. As such, we haven't run anything bigger than Zul'Aman yet (5/6, just Zul'jin left) although we're trying to get into Gruul and Magtheridon with other small guilds.

Given the items available to me, I've been using
    Akil'zon's Talonblade (Executioner) as my threat sword for some time now. It's worked great. Recently, however, I picked up Quickening Blade of the Prince from Heroic MgT. I was wondering if this sword, properly enchanted, would be superior?

Quite happy with the Talonblade if not, but I'm unsure of the relative TPS value of higher DPS, AP, and Haste versus ArP.

I think I read somewhere that QBotP was superior, read it on tankingtips.com I think, but darn i cant remember why. I think the armor pen. beats out the haste on the Talonblade.

Haste is a very poor stat for TPS. But otherwise, the two weapons are very equal. The talonblade's DPS is slightly higher, it has more AP, but QBotP has ArP and more stamina. I wouldn't switch, honestly -- the talonblade's just as good.

Although if you had both weapons unenchanted, I'd choose QBotP, just because it looks so much better.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I use that Talonblade as my threat weapond (with executioner) while the other MT in our guild uses QBotP, and there is no discernable difference in our TPS. Stick with what you got, unless the ghetto appearance makes it worth the price of another executioner enchant

P.S. I've gotten to like the ghetto-look of the talonblade. It tends to lower expectations, so it's that much more awesome when you lay down 1k+ TPS.

My TPS far outpaces my guild's DPS. In our last ZA run, my computer froze up from when Akil'zon hit 56% until he was at <26%, and I had maintained aggro through it.

I'm just interested in maximum optimization... mostly just because.

Speaking of aggro weapons, I tried using the QBotP and I wasn't too happy with it, but I did mess around with a [item]Prowler's Strikeblade[/item] on a Kara run and it felt better.

hmmm, strikeblade is an interesting alternative. Good luck gettin the rouges to pass on it though

If you're in an endless rage situation, the haste on talonblade shines more. If you're not in an endless rage situation and aren't heroic striking on practically every cool-down, the armor penetration on QBotP is better because it applies to SS/Rev/Dev as well as HS/White hits

ebs2002 - That seems logical to me. And it gives me an excuse to keep both weapons, which is even better. Truth be known, after using the Quickening Blade in a ZA run, I was starting to miss my log sword...

+ Reply to Thread