+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thunder Clap and Hit Rating

Thunder Clap and Hit Rating

So, I was tanking Felmyst the other week and got a little over-zealous about keeping up Thunder Clap while tanking. Basically I wasted quite a few GCDs trying to get it up (resist, resist, resist zzzzzz) and my threat suffered, dps was slow, people died, etc...Anyway, we swapped to the Feral tank, had a Hunter alt come for the MD and 2-shotted her.

I'm just curious on how TC is affected by hit (I'm currently @ 25 hit rating, more with Signet of Abyssal Lord). I've looked all over the forums here the past hour or so trying to find an answer, but haven't been able to. I'm assuming it's the normal 142 to cap it, but just looking for verification.

TYVM
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.

Thunderclap and Demo Shout are not affected by Melee hit at all. They have roughly a 17% resist chance at 0 hit, and a 17% resist chance at 142 hit.

It's rumored that spell hit would affect it, but what tank in their right mind would have spell hit gear? :-p

In WotLK, it's rumored that they will make TC affected by melee hit, so thankfully we only have to deal with these resists for a little while longer.

Lame...

Thanks
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.

Get a DPS Warrior to spec it. Easiest solution.

Not as easy as you would think. My guild rarely brings a DPS warrior and when they do, they are held to a higher DPS standard than utility. It's definitely a tightrope act gearing for Felmyst when you have DPS riding your ass and you have to survive.

In all honesty I use ironshield potions on that fight because sometimes I simply cannot waste a GCD on demo or TC.

They are consolidating melee and spell hit in WOTLK so there will only be hit. They are doing this with melee and spell crit as well. So no more misses on TC!

Until then I recommend heavily gemming for spell hit!?!?!

You get silenced in Maiden and prevented to cast TC, also in the Phoenixes adds in TK trash and can't cast it either, along w Demo. So yes is spell based. Those are examples I remember.

My guild rarely brings a DPS warrior and when they do, they are held to a higher DPS standard than utility.
    It shouldn't matter, at least for demo shout. A fury warrior isn't mashing abilities every GCD, and should be able to keep Demo up with only a tiny hit to his DPS

May I ask how you are keeping threat with 25 hit rating in T6+ content?

I don't have problems with threat, hit rating non-withstanding.

As for the fury warrior suggestion, I have talked to our resident dps warrior about it, as well as knowing for myself that stance dancing for TC can be a huge rage waste as well as being a pain when considering correct Rampage usage.

EDIT: Also, my armory showed the 25, was throwing the number out there for reference, obviously different encounters require different gear sets. Felmyst is a relatively new encounter for the guild (4 or 5 kills) so I chose to prioritize survivability over threat. Indications from that encounter show that we're comfortable enough with the fight now that I can swap some threat pieces around without fear of getting gibbed.

The main point of this thread was to see how TC/Demo are affected by hit rating along with providing some general background on the circumstance in question.
    Last edited by Alacastramos; 08-10-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Any dps warrior doing thunderclap loses hundreds of dps to do it, they cant be in berserker stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonstorm View Post
    Any dps warrior doing thunderclap loses hundreds of dps to do it, they cant be in berserker stance.

I was asked to do this in NH the other day....sucked ass.

+ Reply to Thread