+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which enchant for T4 weapons?

Which enchant for T4 weapons?

Hello all, I'm stuck as to what I should do with the T4 weapons I have acquired. My guild has T4 on farm, and are just starting to push into T5 content. Now, the other day the [item]King's Defender[/item] finally decided to drop. I already have [item]The Sun Eater[/item] with Mongoose, and [item]Quickening Blade of the Prince[/item] with Executioner.

In my threat set, which uses QBOTB, I have 91 hit rating, so I am hit capped for my specials. My question is whether or not it would be beneficial to slap on exec to KD, or to just ignore it and stick with the QBOTP? The main benefit I see with the KD is more hit rating, but would heading towards being white hit capped net me more threat than the armour pen, AP, and slightly better overall DPS of the QBOTP?
    Last edited by Merxz; 08-02-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Typos :(

Tough call...at first I thought you should [item]adamantite weapon chain[/item] on KD for use against disarming mobs...but now that i think about it there isn't any disarming mobs in any raids after the ethereal dudes in Kara....is there?

The other option is you could [item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost[/item] for use against casters. That really isnt necessary but its fun to have a quiver of 10+ swords to choose from

edit" does Deathfrost Work against Caster Style Bosses like Shade of Aran or Kael in Magisters?
    Last edited by Brucimus; 08-02-2008 at 07:05 PM.

I have the same 3 in my tanking arsenal and I have executioner on the blade of the prince for threat and mongoose on the other two. I use KD as my general since it is a good balanced weapon and throw on the others if I am in need of threat or more avoidance.

Hermn, I have realized that I was wrong with my statement about being hit capped for specials, I was probably thinking about PvP. Anyways, if that is the case, I think I should use the KD until I get 142 rating.

That then just leaves me with what enchant I should be using. I'm torn between Mongoose and Executioner, though I'm leaning towards the later.

For threat, nothing in game beats Executioner in my experience. After I got Executioner on KD I my usual Ret Pally couldn't touch me in my threat-gear, and he was pushing me before.

It is a substainsially armor reduction that affect ALL of your attacks.

+ Reply to Thread