+ Reply to Thread

Thread: frost and nature resist sets from ssc?

frost and nature resist sets from ssc?

ive had both epic nature and frost resist sets sittin in my bank takin up a lot of space for a long time now, we havnt done ssc in like 7months so im debating just disenchanting the stuff since i dont need it any longer. my question is do you think i should hold on to it for wotlk? i would guess there may be frost resist fights in the expansion, but even it there is im thinking at lv 80 old 70 stuff wont be to good. thoughts?

I'm holding on to mine so I can always remember the massive waste of gold for tanking the guy like 4 times.

Edit: As a side note this is probably a bad place for this thread.

ya ive kicked myself many times for making both sets just in case another tank wasnt on, i used the other set a total of like 1 time..fin waste big time, blizzard should be shot for makin us require full resist for 1 damn boss in ssc

I'd hold on to them just in case...I'd imagine that frost resist would have benefits in WotLK, being that it's a frozen continent and all.

From time to time I still slap on my NR set for tanking Aqueous Lords in the BT trash before Najentus. Is it needed? Not at all. But if we aren't killing the Aqueous Lord I'm tanking first, it helps to make those pulls trivial.

anyone in the wotlk beta able to answer if frost or nature is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by pompuspilot View Post
    anyone in the wotlk beta able to answer if frost or nature is needed?
    I don't think any of the raid content is even accessible yet, and if Bliz is going to expect us to put together expensive resist sets for 5-mans then they're off their rocker.

Remember, assuming the 5 resist per level of boss (yielding the necessary 365 resist versus a 73 boss) will be the norm in WotLK, you can expect 415 will be what you need in Wrath for an 83 boss. If you have full epic sets from 70, the resist numbers will at least get you started (although stam will be a little low) - heck, with a magic resist potion I'll probably be at the 415 cap in my resist gear. Of course this will likely be only a stopgap until you've managed to get the level 80 stuff crafted, had it drop, or whatever other hoops Bliz makes us jump through for this gear.

The whole resist gear check always seemed like a bit of an annoyance to me, as was mentioned above - if we have to assemble these expensive sets, make them more useful please blizzard!

Nazan in Ramparts was a nice little bone they threw over to tanks that still had FR gear from MC days - totally doable without resist gear, but having it made the fight a cakewalk in that first Ramps run. Who knows, there might be something like that in the early dungeons. I hoard old junk like a madman (still have my tier .5 set), but still have bank space left over. You must have some non-soulbound stuff in there. Just make a storage alt and run it into town and use him for all the non-soulbound stuff you're holding onto.

+ Reply to Thread