+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Executioner Vs Mongoose thread

Another Executioner Vs Mongoose thread

Hi guys I want to start out by thanking any of you who offer suggetsions, I'm sorry if this is a tad noobish.

Pretty much I have skipped Tier 5 content and went straight into Tier 6. Finally after 3 months of weekly kara runs Kings defender dropped for me.

I have been using the suneater with mongoose 100% of the time. My guild is not focusing on SSC at all so the chance of me getting my hands on the mallet are null.

So this is my question. Would it be acceptable for me to stick an executioner enchant on the kings defender and use it as a threat weapon until I can get a hold of something better?

If not what would be your suggestion for a threat weapon upgrade?

The Za weapon has not dropped for me yet, guild not doing SSC.. 2 days a week focused on hyjal, 3 days a week focusing on BT.

Thanks again for any advice given.

The stats on my signature banner are no longer accurate but I refrained form linking my armory page because it's suggested to only do so on the armory ratings and suggestion forum.
    Last edited by LittleMan; 08-01-2008 at 01:52 AM.

Have you joined a new guild?

Skipping T5 as a whole guild will make T6 rather painful but that's another discussion.

As with other Execution v Mongoose threads:

Executioner on threat weapons (King's Defender, Cleaver, Mallet, Brutalizer and DEL)

Mongoose on avoidance/mitigation weapons (Sun Eater, Unbreakable Will)

Thanks, I figured it would be acceptable wanted to run it across people here..

And yes I joined a new guild that is rapidly progressing. The guild is a result of a merger of two guilds that had current been in T5 for quite a while. Most of them have spent a great deal of time in T5, I was recruited after the merger

They pushed through T5 content in a matter of a couple weeks (before I joined) then moved into T-6. I agree that skipping T5 is a tad painful because the natural gear/skill progression content experience is lost but it is working out just fine. I got tired of being confined to kara and za and just couldnt break free of it the previous guilds.
    So in short it is "me" that has skipped T5 content, not the guild as a whole.

if your doing hyjal and bt then i wouldnt waste executioner on kings. wait for the ax off supremus or sword from hyjal. both are huge upgrade over kings.

Quote Originally Posted by pompuspilot View Post
    if your doing hyjal and bt then i wouldnt waste executioner on kings. wait for the ax off supremus or sword from hyjal. both are huge upgrade over kings.

Thanks Pompuspilot, thats what I wanted to hear. I already blew mats for executioner on kings because I felt bad about being cheap about the enchant when it may be a while till I am able to get my hands on any of the weapons from Bt or MH due to the number of tanks being rotated in and out. Ahh well I'll get my moneys worth out of it while I let the other tanks pick up theirs first. Thanks for the response.

So is it the general consensus that Executioner should go on KD. I already have Mongoose on SE. But KD finally dropped for me tonight so I'm eager to slap a chant on it & start a hackin. I'm just so torn I have Executioner on the Decapitator (which I use for farming/grinding & I like it) But so many people tell me to put Mongoose on the KD. As always I should probably stick with my gut but a little reassurance never hurts.

Put Executioner on KD - you'll be glad you did
    Many people have enough to live by but nothing to live for - they have the means but no meaning <<<>>> Tenraiel - Warrior||Kross - Priest||Anethea - Hunter

if you want to be a cheap skate (or if you are getting another weapon soon) +7 weapon damage on kings is your cheapo threat enchant

You guys rock thanks for solidifying my gut reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronorus View Post
    You guys rock thanks for solidifying my gut reaction.
    I may be insane but I read that and thought..."a solidified gut reaction eh...a kidney stone?"

Anyway, ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrawrf View Post
    I may be insane but I read that and thought..."a solidified gut reaction eh...a kidney stone?"

Anyway, ignore me.

LAWLZ hahahaha, they suck BTW I know I've had one

Quote Originally Posted by thedrawrf View Post

Anyway, ignore me.
    Haha, thats funny.

Kronorus that is why I originally posted this question.. I had several people giving me hell when I stated I was putting executioner on Kings.. Even a warrior tank I know. It confused me so I came here looking for the confirmation I needed to justify going through with it.

I did put executioner on kings and I'm glad I did. I didn't think it woulld make as much difference as it did, it's pretty sweet.

What is the proc rate of mongoose and executioner i need a comparison. (i want a PPM)

Mongoose is around 1ppm from white swings + .7 ppm with instances so its 1.7ppm

Executioner is same ppm.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

LAWLZ, haha, that's funny they suck tho I know I've had one.

BTW I got Executioneron the KD it looks awesome, funny thing tho I have it on my Decapitator & they look nothing alike, the Decapitator just has a glow on it I guess maybe because the KD is kinda hollow.

just a thought..but would it not be beneficial to put a threat enchant like Exe. on say an avoidance weapon like Unbreakable Will?. Best of both worlds maybe? just a thought. Im gonna try it out see if i like it...i have all the weapons mentioned up to the Axe from Supremus..i tend to use UW all the time..may as well try a diff. chant. I also like the faster speed for my heroic strike spamming

because weapons can be swapped out, you shouldn't try to balance them, you want to min/max them to their strengths... need avoidance/mitigation? blam put on goose TBW, need threat? blam put on exec Brutalizer. You can switch em midfight so you shouldn't try to "balance them" if you do, then why have either, just grab 1 and make it balanced and have no "added" benefit of switching.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread