+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaver or Mallet?

Cleaver or Mallet?

As an undead tank, I get no particular bonuses for either.

I was saving all of my raid points for the Mallet, but it hasnt dropped yet.

Cleaver of the Unforgiving dropped into my lap and I cant seem to let it go

If the Mallet of the Tides drops, would it actually be a better threat weapon? Or should I just replace my Sun Eater with it?

As an undead, I'd say that cleaver + 10hit gem is best for you, followed by Mallet, followed by Cleaver + some other gem.

This is assuming you're over 26 expertise with the cleaver equipped. If you're not, then mallet is better regardless.

I am a dreneai warrior so I get no bonus either and I have noticed a significant threat boost going from mallet to cleaver (with +10 HR gem). The cleaver did place me exactly at 142 hit rating and the results have been impressive.

Sun eater doesn't get replaced since it is the best avoidance weapon...sadly I am retiring my mallet to the bank after having it for only a few weeks.

As a dreaneai you will only need to get 8% rather than 9% hit so less than 142 rating, hence you have some rating wasted. On topic, Personally i prefer the mace over the axe.

Regards,

Silthias

Just went and looked at the tooltip. I always thought it was a buff we gave others only. I know exactly where to trim for hit rating!

+ Reply to Thread