+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SSO neck has made the Tether useless..right?

SSO neck has made the Tether useless..right?

THIS: Frayed Tether of the Drowned - Item - World of Warcraft
    is now worth approximately the vendor price, yes? I was so happy to get it, but then I remembered I have: Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve - Item - World of Warcraft

I'm still trying to ignore the fact that a rep epic can be better or even on-par with a t5 piece. :P
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I don't see any defense rating on the SSO Pendant of Resolve. :^p

It's a good compromise piece, as a friend of mine put it. It has avoidance, stam and threat on it. In situations where you want avoidance without giving up all your threat stats, it's a good choice. The SSO neck might have avoidance PROC if you're aldor, but I'd much rather have the static defense rating.

Personally I go with the SSO neck as it procs so often (I was sceptical at first)

I have the SSO neck (aldor), Brooch of Deftness and Barb Choker of Discipline and I'm still trying to get the Tether. Different itemization so it gives you more options. Normally I wear the Brooch. If you have it, I wouldn't vendor it.

Actually, if I got the Tether, I'd probably wear it on trash. I'm wasting expertise on trash with the Brooch.

Well having different varied items lets you have more refined gear configurations for bosses. So it's never bad having different items of around the same ilvl.

I'm in the same boat, I'm aldor and havent bothered buying the SSO neck.

Brooch for most fights
    Frayed tether for trash (except i forget to equip it)
    Barbed for Avoidance

When would I use SSO?

SSO for high-threat tank'n'spank style fights (think Void Reaver). Assuming your expertise is below the magic number (44 while wearing the pendant).

Basically, I wear the SSO neck, except for fights where I need the static hit/expertise for snap aggro (like on Leo, Al'ar, Hydross, Nalorakk, etc), in which case I wear the brooch.

Tether for trash, or those few fights that are avoidance+threat fights (maybe Vashj for p3? or lynx in ZA? I'm not even sure what fight would fit that bill, but theoretically it exists).

+ Reply to Thread