+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Destroyer vs. Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury

Destroyer vs. Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury

My guild has recently started downing the first bosses in BT and I have yet to get my token from lootreaver. I'm still wearing my t4, and am anxiously looking forward to an upgrade. After we downed Supremus, I realized that I may get the Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury before I see my t5 shoulders.

I wonder what y'all think of both pieces of gear, am wanting some gearing tips and just want to see how others handled these pieces. The t5 seems very well itemized, spreading out stats (which from Blizz's philosophy will often produce a better item) and the Pauldrons are very generous on some of the most beneficial stats. I will use whichever I can get first (my guild won't do VR because of burnout - I pug him) but foresee that I might get both and need to make a choice.
    Many people have enough to live by but nothing to live for - they have the means but no meaning <<<>>> Tenraiel - Warrior||Kross - Priest||Anethea - Hunter

Whatever you get first, wear it

If you have both you should wear Destroyer for threat, the Abyssal for Avoidance fights... simple as that

Fury are better survival. T5 shoulders are better threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamani View Post
    Fury are better survival. T5 shoulders are better threat.
    Yup, get both. I'm constantly switching between these 2 shoulders based on the encounter.

when i get my abyssal shoulders, they will be min/maxed for def

my destroyer shoulders will be turned into full time threat shoulders (maybe even ap/crit/hit enchants/gems since my i can just about cap my expertise and hit in my threat set)

Quote Originally Posted by Foolishness View Post
    when i get my abyssal shoulders, they will be min/maxed for def

my destroyer shoulders will be turned into full time threat shoulders (maybe even ap/crit/hit enchants/gems since my i can just about cap my expertise and hit in my threat set)
    Well actually i personally wouldnt socked them with DPS gems or enchants... they are still tanking shoulders - and if youre tanking "higher end" Encounters like teron where you want to put out a huge amount of threat, you still dont want do die... but thats just my opinion, i prefer balanced gear that still has allround qualities

i agree with the above, but I have a concern. i'm looking for the 2/5 bonus of Destroyer, already have the T5 should and the 2.4 sunwell island legs which I use 24/7, with the ZA, T4 and maiden gloves. For the set bonus should I get the T5 gloves or legs? What do you think?

t5 gloves are an upgrade over maidens. more threat, slightly less hp. and gives you the t5 bonus which trumps the maiden threat further.

the legs are about equivalent to the unwavering legguards but the new 2.4 sunwell island legs are >>>>> t5.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I mentioned maiden because is part of my arsenal, but i hardly use them, i'm between Za and T4 ones, so is still better T5gloves over T5 legs?

yeh, I'd say if you really want that bonus, t5 gloves is the way to go than ditching the legs. the legs are amazing.

t4 gloves are meh, avoidance set imo.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

perfect, thx!

I'd wear T5 gloves over Bonefist Gauntlet too, for the 2 piece bonus.
    Eng Helm and 2.4 chest/legs are too good to trade for T5 =x
    [Tank Addict]

+ Reply to Thread