+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belt or leggings?

Belt or leggings?

What should i buy next? Girdle of the Fearless for 75 badges or Sunguard Legplates for 100?

Here is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

it's up to you really. both are big upgrades for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

belt

Do the math. Figure out the difference in armor/stam/avoidance/threat of each and divide it by badge cost. Most accurate way to decide on badge gear.

Quote Originally Posted by murlocforlunch View Post
    What should i buy next? Girdle of the Fearless for 75 badges or Sunguard Legplates for 100?

Here is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory
    I'd choose the Belt.

Cough * get the old badge belt for the dodge * cough
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

Old belt = waste of badges. New belt for hit and expertise.

New belt. Expertise expertise expertise. BAck me up, Vene!

Old belt is obsolete by a long shot. Loads of avoidance to be found elsewhere.

Even with all buffs, this guy is only pullin up 24% dodge. I run with 2% more than that unbuffed. IF-you usually have the pocket watch in the other slot, then go for the Expertise/hit belt, I guess. :S

Edit: idk what exactly you are tankin, badge gear makes it hard to tell: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warri...-minimums.html and TankSpot - Calculator
    Last edited by thedrawrf; 07-24-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrawrf View Post
    Even with all buffs, this guy is only pullin up 24% dodge. I run with 2% more than that unbuffed. IF-you usually have the pocket watch in the other slot, then go for the Expertise/hit belt, I guess. :S

Edit: idk what exactly you are tankin, badge gear makes it hard to tell: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warri...-minimums.html and TankSpot - Calculator
    Up until Tier 6 content, I did every boss with less than 20% Dodge. Not to mention that Dodge is not an accurate way to describe the Avoidance situation for a tank. Parry and Miss Rate have to be included into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Parry and Miss Rate have to be included into the equation.

This I know. And I wouldn't presume to go toe to toe with you about 99% of stuff, but I am a big fan of dodge.

Does matter how much dodge you have if your DPS pulls agro? Can you dodge an attack for your DPS? Get health, get threat, don't worry so much about avoidance. Unless you are deep Black Temple or Sunwell raiding, your DPS and heals are overgeared (or they should be or they are lazy). Normally, you should maximize your threat so you don't gimp your raid.

Well, speaking from my own experience, I never had a guild mate (many of whom were grulls+ geared, even in kara, pull aggro from me. I'm still yet to see it happen. However, there have been many times when dodge has saved me. Studies show that tanks do much less threat when dead.

I never had a guild mate (many of whom were grulls+ geared, even in kara) pull aggro from me.
    Could that be because they're watching Omen, and slow their DPS? You don't need more threat just "when DPS pulls aggro", you need more threat "when DPS is right behind me on aggro", too.

Hell, if we're short on pallies (ie, only 2), and my DPS need salv, then I need more threat. If I can get to a level of threat where they can drop salv for kings or wisdom instead, then that's better than having them gimp their DPS with Salv, amirite?

+ Reply to Thread