+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question .. not sure if this is where to ask...

Question .. not sure if this is where to ask...

(sorry if this is a double post my computer at work is being dumb)

I have this Shaman friend who yells at me all the time because I don't no use a Mouse when playing WoW. Since I started playing in December I have always used the arrow Keys for a couple reasons. First because My set up is on a laptop and I just don't have the room for a mouse where I sit. Secondly because the few times I have tried to walk using a mouse the camera angle bounces everywhere and eventually ends up pointing to the sky. Lastly, because I grew up playing games on consoles and this is my first real experience playing a Computer game that wasn't sims or "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" (please tell me someone else remembers that game )

would playing with a mouse really make me that much better of a tank? In your experience is one superior then the other or is it player preference? If a mouse is better is there something in my set up that will make the camera nagle not move while I walk with the mouse? Am I just retarded?

Thanks in advance,
    Ture

Yes, playing with a mouse will make you a better tank--because you can move better.

You don't necessarily have to walk with the mouse. Most tanks use the mouse to adjust their camera and their movement direction. They also use it to select their targets.

When moving up/down/left/right, I suggest to not use the direction arrows on the right side of your keyboard. This is because you're missing out on the myriad of other buttons you can keybind to if you use the WASD or ESDF to move.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

lol I just feel so retarded when it comes to using it... I know I just never learned how to play with it.

I guess best thing to do is have someone "teach me" in game how to function with the mouse properly.

"Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" (please tell me someone else remembers that game )
    Fun game. I used to play it all the time back in the day.

i use a lot the mouse to walk by clicking both mouse buttons, so i can walk and turn the camera in my hand while i use 1-2-3-4-5-6 to roll my rotations...

so, for me its quite useful...
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/BurningLegion/230759.jpg
    Tormenta - Server Burning Legion US

+ Reply to Thread