+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Large Emphasis on dodge in WotLK?

Large Emphasis on dodge in WotLK?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

From this alone it would seem that blizzard is putting a large emphasis on dodge for warriors. Granted dodge is great for avoidance, and with "Stalwart Protector"
    (35p talent) you will gain one rage from a dodge or parry. Honestly though, how far will one rage go?

With the removal of crushing blows in WotLK, wouldn't parry be a much more appropriate stat to stack?

My reasoning behind this is since warriors/paladins/druids/"death knights" are being equalized due to CB removal(and who knows whats up with defense at the moment), parry would be better to redistribute a warriors place as a MT role due to added threat from the decrease in the next melee attack.

Also another concern of mine is with CB removal, it's all becoming a threat game. I know there are additions to prot dps in alpha at this time, but will the DPS increase affect threat enough that we are still viable as a MT role in comparison to a druid/paladin or even a death knight, which so very few know about at this time. Besides the uncrushable greatness of warriors at this time, whats to prevent a paladin from doing what we do in the same manor, or actually excelling beyond a warriors capability?

Maybe its still to early to speculate, but from previous posting on WoW forums it seems that blizzard doesn't care or think about these things, and most of the responses are negative and derogatory. Was hoping for some in site from the tanking comunity.

It's just too soon to know, but things like Critical Block and talent that resets the timer on your shield slam should help in both the mitigation and threat area. Warriors will always be the baseline tank from which Blizzard bases all other tanks. I wouldn't worry about Paladins. Until we get something akin to Shield Wall, Thunderclap and Last Stand, Warriors have little to worry about. Now Druids did get some of those tools, I'd be more worried about them.

Also, keep in mind the 10 man raids are being designed around 1 tank, so it would make sense that all 4 tanks are able to fulfill the tank role in that arena.

Basically at least one class is going to be crap in the expansion and at least one class is going to be imba. DK are pretty much a shoe in for imba.

All this of course will be OVER-corrected in 3.1 and then gain some sense of equilibrium in 3.2. So basically after xpac wait 2 patches.

We shall see. I'd like to live in a world(of warcraft) where each tank was judged on thier knowledge and ability as a player. So long as I don't show up to tank knowing someone else can do it better because their raid bar is a different color, I'm fine. All else, I will adapt to.

Quote Originally Posted by sunless View Post
    Besides the uncrushable greatness of warriors at this time, whats to prevent a paladin from doing what we do in the same manor, or actually excelling beyond a warriors capability?
    Kalgan

But, aside from him, until they give us some insight into what they are doing to Paladins we cannot really know.

I would love it if they figgered out a way that player skill would be the deciding factor, but I don't think I will live long enough to see that happen.

With the removal of crushing blows in WotLK, wouldn't parry be a much more appropriate stat to stack?
    Stacking parry is considered a bad idea, not because of the minute increased change in having your hasted-attack parried, but because parry rating isn't as efficient as dodge rating. You get 1% of dodge every 18-19 parry rating, and 1% of parry every 22-23 parry rating (too lazy to look up the numbers). In essence, 4 dodge rating = 5 parry rating, and so +10parry gems aren't as good as +10dodge gems, and an item with +20parry isn't as good as +20dodge (from an avoidance perspective).

+ Reply to Thread