+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the Vengeance trinket worth it?

Is the Vengeance trinket worth it?

My warrior tank currently meet the EH and avoidance minimums for T5.5 content and that is exactly where our guild is now. My question is I have both Commendation of Kaelíthas and Shard of Contempt from MgT and almost have all cards for the Vengeance trinket.

As is now I don't really need the EH, and when we progress I will get the EH needed from other gear. Now my question is, is the Vengeance trinket really worth the 2-3k gold or is the threat neglible? - my calculations shows it gives around 30tps with 5 mobs with an attacktime of 2sec, nothing I really fancy paying that much for. And the use is limited as I rarely _have_ to tank more that 3 mobs.

I have the madness card and the commendation, and there are a few occasions where I actually use it.

The one time I use it all the time for: off-tanking Tidalvess in the Fathom-Lord encounter. He has a crazy burst that's a combination of spell and melee, and 51sta/57sta in my trinket slots are better than any other combination I can think of (there's no time to hit an "oh shit button" as you can go from 13k to dead in 1.5secs)

^^^^ What he said, and also if your guild is working on Kael'Thas in TK, the only things that can kill you in that fight as the MT are magic damage, so stack the shit out of stam.

I...regretted getting the vengeance card after 2.4 came out with commendation of kaelthas. Prior to that, no other trinket in the game had so much stamina stacked on it which made it godly. The threat generated is ok, but nothing to write home about. But there are still times when I find it useful. It's a big component for EH set ups. 2 trinkets giving you over 1k health is no laughing matter.

You don't use it for the stupid proc it's such a low thing and so uncontrollable it's not even worth talking about ... you get it for +51 stam.

If you don't have the commendation it's worth it.

commendation (+57 stam) > both darkmoon cards (+51 stam) > commanders badge (+45 stam) > argessian compass (+39 stam)

All have neat little quirky things but thats not why you equip them.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

ok, thanks for the input - basicly I should wait with it untill the need for an pure stamina set arises.

I'm in the same boat, have 4/8 of the Fury cards for the Vengeance trinket. Regarding my progression atm I'll wait and see if I actually start needing it purely for the stam it gives.

PS: Is that you Gondir?

could be Barogan

I come to think about it, tanks have done just fine before Commendation of Kael’thas was introduced EH/Sta wise, and in that spirit a tank doesn't need the Vengeance, it's just a nice luxury to have - but I need the gold more for now

Ahh good to see old guildies on here. But yea Avoid the darkmoon cards now a days, i have banked mine the instant i got the commendation, in fact its got to the point i dont even use that all the time now, go farm ur badge gear mate and you'll have more than enough EH. Trinkets i find are best to equip for the on use, or other situational stats, avoid relying on them for HP. Keal is the only fight iv used mine on that i can remember.

Regards,

Silthias

The threat it produces is gravy, its all about the stam. In its day when I first acquired mine, it was the leetsauce. Its still great and because that ho won't drop my Commendation....well, it would still go in my #2 slot ahead of the Commander's Badge.

The Shard is great for threat. Like was mentioned above, magical damage fights favor going all out on Stam but that's an awful lot of cash to lay out for a paltry 5-6 stam upgrade. You could also go with avoidance there...occasionally I swap in Moroes watch because my dodge is 'fail'

Commendation and pocketwatch are both better and easy to get, just use them.

There are 3 situations when Vengeance card is nice to have...

1. You do not have commendation

2. You want 2 stam trinkets on

3. You are the aoe tank for an event like Janalai and are using vengeance trinket, lightning food, shield spike, etc. to get aggro on as many things as possible.

It's a bit dated now. Since I picked up Commendation it's taken up residence in my bank. If you look prior to 2.4 the card was pretty standard in most tanks suits at all levels of progression. Commendation holds that spot now.

How many tanks are grinding their teeth thinking about how much gold they spent to get it? On my server the cheap cards were 100-200, the rare ones 500 or more >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Tattman2an View Post
    How many tanks are grinding their teeth thinking about how much gold they spent to get it? On my server the cheap cards were 100-200, the rare ones 500 or more >.<
    Same here :S
    I've been lucky where I had 3 cards drop for me when doing some instance runs with guildies and we usually allow the class/spec who needs them to take them. 1 Card got send to me out of the blue so who was I to say no
    Anyway for the last 4 cards I'm looking at average AH prices of about 500-700g each. Not funny.

Anyway I used to play a mage, but since we needed tanks rolled 1 and since he hit 70 been taking him to Kara and grinding heroics ever since. Got KD my second run /cheer, but after 10 weeks of consecutive Kara runs not once has the Pocket Watch dropped /cry

Quote Originally Posted by Tattman2an View Post
    Doesn't really bother me in the slightest. It was a staple piece in my tanking set for a long time. I certainly got my use out of it before it was retired to the bank.

I dunno, I always got the biggest satisfaction in getting a piece that I thought would last me for the foreseeable future, like the khorium destroyer, or goggles, or my red belt of battle. Makes me feel like I am closer to the end game guys than I ever was before.

i considered the vengeance card but the cost was to high as i was mainly just getting it for the stamina so i picked up the madness card instead for 1200G (almost a 3rd of the cost). i really like it when i'm grinding dailys in my dps gear. the procs are very nice & stack. that with my goblin rocket launcher gives me a nice stam boost.

ps: imba doesnt like my rocket launcher but they will have to pull it from my dead hands to get me to drop it.

still has uses

I mostly roll with shard of contempt/commendation now, but darkmoon card has its uses. For instance, in 5 mans im expertise capped without shard, so I use it instead for extra threat. Its stamina provides me with breathing room to swap in some SBV pieces while still remaining really really hard to kill.

It also provides a unique ability to the warrior, which is generating threat from getting hit. If you stack with the poison shield with a shield spike, you can hold aggro through heals on a lot of guys. For instance I can and have cleared all the wyrms in Vexallus's hallway with myself and a healer by using this trinket and dynamite to keep them off the healer. It takes a while, but it eventually happens.

It is also obtainable well before you are ready to tank HMGT (IMO - I don't think dungeon blues are enough for a realistic HMGT run - possible maybe, but not really practicable).

+ Reply to Thread