+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help on gear choice! Chest or leg upgrades?

Need help on gear choice! Chest or leg upgrades?

So I am the main tank for my guild, and we have been doing Kara for several months now. The biggest problem is that none of the drops have been tank gear! Well, except the bracer from Attuman the Huntsman, and the belt from Moroes. So while the rest of my guild has gotten tons of upgrades, I am sitting at a mix of heroic and BS gear.

We have gone through enough times for me to get enough badges to pick up the [item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item] as my first badge piece, and now I am back up to 100 badges again, and still no upgrades!

Now we are moving onto ZA, with Kara on farm, and I am the weak link! I have managed to tank the bear and eagle boss, but I feel like I am straining the Healers ability to keep me up.

So based on my armory page: The World of Warcraft Armory

Should I upgrade from [item]Felsteel Leggings[/item] to [item]Sunguard Legplates[/item],
    or upgrade from [item]Vindicator's Hauberk[/item] to [item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item]?

In your case I'd go for the legs first, as you'll be wanting the extra agro stats as well as you progress (also, there is a nice chest piece in ZA for tanks, but not a set of leggings IIRC).

The chest is also really nice (I have one) and I recommend picking it up if you get your second set of 100 badges without a drop.

Right now I am leaning towards the legs, as it gives me the biggest avoidance and threat upgrade.

But there is always the chance of the [item]Wrynn Dynasty Greaves[/item] dropping from Curator.

But then going along with that thinking, there is also the [item]Panzar'Thar Breastplate[/item] that drops off of Nightbane.

While the Wrynn -> Sunguard is an upgrade, the Panzar'Thar to Chestplate of Stoicism is a huge upgrade.

They're both huge upgrades, and IMO the threat stats on the legs make them a bigger upgrade over the Kara legs than the chest is (I got the chest first because Wrynn did drop for me and Panzar'thar did not, but if I'd had both, or niether, the legs would have been my first piece).

Im going to recruit your healers! jk jk

I think u should grab the legs. And craft the blacksmithing chest. Unless you are making yourself some nice dps weapons.

ohh and heroic magisters terrace is your new home. don't leave until u have the trinkets out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by hbombs View Post
    Im going to recruit your healers! jk jk

I think u should grab the legs. And craft the blacksmithing chest. Unless you are making yourself some nice dps weapons.

ohh and heroic magisters terrace is your new home. don't leave until u have the trinkets out of there.
    Yeah, right now I have the 2nd tier of the 1H Master Swordsman. Its all thats keeping aggro on me instead of the healers and huge DPS.

Yeah. I should start hitting Heroic MgT more frequently.

-Tankar

Get the legs. Why? Because the S2 chest is good for tanking and you can have it tomorrow.

[item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece[/item] vs [item]Panzar'thar Breastplate[/item]: Glad has much better threat and better effective health. The only thing you lose is some defense, replacing it with the inferior resilience statistic. I'd wear the glad chest over the panzar'thar because of its superior threat gen. Yes, [item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item] is better than the S2 chest, but the difference is not in the same ballpark as for instance the S2 legs to the badge legs. In other words, here are your real upgrade choices:

[item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item] vs [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece[/item]

[item]Sunguard Legplates[/item] vs [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Legguards[/item]

See how much closer the stoicism is to the glad?

Survivability is not your issue right now. The gear available from honor and badges so outgears T4 that it should be very hard for you to die. The real challenge is keeping apace of the similarly badged-out dps.

i had the same dillema as you
    the same blue items on me,and i decided to get the chest
    i did this way coz im starting gruul this week and i hope i can get t4 legs from there.

Go legs! Especially in ZA, there are going to be a ton of dps races to down bosses, especially if your raid is going for timed chests. You need all the threat you can get. I do not even worry about avoidance in there as much, I throw on shard of contempt and eat hit food to get as much aggro as I can, so I don't get some warlock getting 1 shotted when I am not looking. Badge chest is nice, but it is not even close to legs.

+ Reply to Thread