+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orc: Mallet of the Tides vs Warbringer

Orc: Mallet of the Tides vs Warbringer

So I'm an orc Off-Tank (main-tanking in 10mans and the occasional raid boss) that's 4/6 SSC, clearing ZA, and trucking along rapidly (we started SSC less than a month ago, and only have Leo and Vash to go).

Currently, I'm wielding [item]Warbringer[/item], and know that ZJ's axe and the brutalizer are my next big axe upgrades. ZJ's axe is attainable if I ever do ZA (which isn't that often, unfortunately), but Brutalizer is still a bit of a ways off.

We've gotten 2 Mallets in the guild already, which went to our MT and one of our OT, and I'm debating if it's something I should consider bidding on.

Comparison: [item]Warbringer[/item] vs [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item].

If I make the switch:
    +22sta
    +15.7dps
    0.1spd faster (cleaner rage gen, more HS dump, less devastate threat)
    -7hit
    -1.5 expertise (about 6 expertise rating's worth) due to the lack of the racial

Does the difference in speed make up for the loss in expertise and hit? Should I strive to get it for situational use, or should I pass on it and only get it if no other tanks need it?

the 15.7 dps will make up the loss in hit and expertise I'd have to say. Expertise can be obtained elsewhere in gear, the dps cannot.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'd use mallet over Warbringer any day. 15 DPS is a lot and you also gain a lot of stam

Yes if you are orc then use the mallet until you can get the Brutalizer off of Supremas in Black Temple, it has expertise on it AND is an axe so we get the racial bonus. Slick imo

Quote Originally Posted by Freight View Post
    hell yes <3

Mallet is a very nice upgrade over the warbringer. Hopefully you get a cleaver soon so you wont have to bother bidding. If that doesn't happen pick up a mallet.

If I get the cleaver, then I'm ignoring/vendoring my mallet...but we do ZA on the weekend, and I'm recently married and the wife insists that I do things like go to movies and go on walks and let the sun hit my face on weekends. Women are crazy.

lol ebs, I'm basically engaged and the same goes for me, that's why I do all those things on the weekends, but don't sleep till 4am (THERE AINT NO SUN from 10-4am HUNNY! SO PFT!)

Just wait until the kids come along
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

not till i'm 30 squeeg =P

As a tank, wife aggro is the only kind of aggro you don't want to get. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagere View Post
    As a tank, wife aggro is the only kind of aggro you don't want to get. Trust me.
    lol my new sig
    Source: Kagere
    Ejus in obitu nro praesentia muniamus

Quote Originally Posted by Kagere View Post
    And the enrage timers tend to be short and unpredicatable.

Trust me. the more kids u have the shorter the enrage timer!!

Kinda back on topic here....I have a question...

I'm an orc as well and I never thought of using Warbringer since I have King's Defender, Sun Eater, and Quickening blade all sitting in my bag. Is it something I should pick up???
    I. Am. Warrior.

As an orc, I chose to pass on the Kings Defender, and I use the quickening blade as an execute weapon.

If you don't have the rep, it's probably not worth grinding for, but if you have it, it couldn't hurt picking up and using as a threat weapon if you can afford it. The sun eater will still be your best avoidance weapon, and Kings Defender would make a better EH weapon.

Nah, dont bother with Warbringer mero, there are plenty of upgrades and you have some good stuff already. If you dont forsee getting a cleaver from ZA or Mallet from SSC or anything like that in the near future. Id throw executioner on the kings defender, and mongoose on sun eater, those are damn good t4/5 threat and mitigation weapons.

I wouldn't go for Warbringer specifically if you already have KD and QBotP. Especially the latter is just an amazing weapon.

But just to note, the fact that the Mallet is faster than Warbringer doesn't make its Devastates hit for less. If they had the same DPS, that'd be the case. The damage range on the Mallet is better than that on Warbringer, however, so the Mallet actually hits harder on Devastates.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

The higher speed does affect your heroic strike dumping, and to a small extent your rage generation (faster weapons = more steady rage, and although it's not always noticeable on bosses, slow-hitting bosses, bosses who cast and a lot of trash mobs it's more noticeable)

+ Reply to Thread