+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Advice - What to get next?

Gear Advice - What to get next?

First off here is my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I have a pretty good idea of what gear I need to get to become a more effective tank but I would like to hear some suggestions incase I'm wrong. I've tanked Maiden and Prince without any problems at all. I've OT for ZA and Gruul's (lynx gives me troubles his lash can drop me).

What gear should I work towards getting first?
    Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks

I think you are doing pretty well. Here are my votes for spending various resources.

Gold - Gyro Balanced Khorium Destroyer (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32756)

Because if you’re going to be a tank, you need the tank gun.

Honor - S2 Shield (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32045)

Because Nightbane’s shield is some good stuff, but 855 more armor and 15 more stam is some good stuff too in the right situation.

Badges - Girdle of the Fearless (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34941)

Because you can’t have a post in this forum without a reply suggesting the badge belt. It is just that good, and you could use some more threat stats.

Time - SSO Pendant of Resolve (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34680)

Because you can never have too many threat stats, and the gold you make will help pay for your gun!

Almost have the rep to buy the SSO trinket.

I just have to farm the 24 primals for the gun.

I may have the honor sitting around for the shield I'd just have to pick up the tokens needed.

I was currently going for Silkk's (sp?) cloak with badges. However, I wasn't sure if I should replace that or my belt first.

Also, are there some boots I should be going for? Mine seem to be kind of horrid.

As for threat, this may not mean anything but on the prince fight I was easily double my DPS's threat, even though my hit is so low.

Thanks for the advice.

Slikk's is awesome and you'll use it for a long time, but Devilshark is a great blue. While you'll be getting Slikk's eventually, I would definitely go Girdle of the Fearless with no regrets.

For boots, nothing much is great early on. Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves (quest reward) is a decent stopgap until you see Battlescar/Boots of Elusion. I personally just got the PvP boots and used them for awhile.

Daniel

Mino's suggestions are money, you are moving in the right direction but you have alot of holes you can fill up pretty easily.

You mentioned boots. Go back to ZA and beat some [item]Jungle Stompers[/item] out of the bear boss. If you can't get those, I see you're a BS...finish that out and get the pattern for [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item] though the Stompers are better and should be easier to get.

You have a glut of Defense and not that Def is bad but you could stand to ratchet up your EH a bunch. The [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item] is pretty hawt and while remaining well above critical, it trades def for raw avoidance and a ton of stamina. Slik's is nice but Devilshark is pretty stout for a blue item and the BV gives you some threat.

A Darkmoon: Vengeance card would be nice to have in that 2nd trinket slot opposite the Commendation.

As stated, the Belt is probably going to be your best bet for a badge upgrade because it adresses so many issues at once, ie, armor, stam, threat and even provides more def rating.

I have more then enough def in my opinion. I agree. I've been trying to up my EH but can't get the items to drop that I want out of kara/za.

Thanks for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread