+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank gear help

Tank gear help

i culd use some hints on what to change on my gear!
    how to get 102.4% avidence im att 100 right now

my char
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    how to get them last % i already have alot of defence rating i think

any idees?

confused

not sure about your gear man, did u log off with the wrong stuff on?

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/evil-...crushable.html will give u what u need to know about being passive uncrushable (if that is what your asking).

U are already uncrushable with holy shield active (but i'm not a pally so i'm not 100% sure).

Your total Avoidance (as far as i know) is only the combined % of- chance to be missed (including 5% extra), parry and dodge.

no thats the gear i have.

when i use the macro that tells you the combained avoidence i get 100.xxx
    i also use an addon and it tells me that i need 1.9 more.
    i can put on a trinket i got that gives extra defence rating but then i loose 50 stam. and it feels like its overkill in D rating.

i did read that other post befor but i still cant figure out how to get that last %. and also lower my defence rating and get more stamina.

do i need to change some gear and get more parry?
    Last edited by piladin; 07-09-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Get dodge. It's alot easier to get, and it's alot cheaper.

Your gear is excellent. What your wearing now is great for trash though. It's actually, IDEAL for trash. Your t4 pieces can be replaced however with a few other items that are more 'warrior like' that would push you past your avoidance cap. Most pallies will have a 'threat set' and a 'boss tanking set', so long as your 100% with those t4 pieces your fine cuz of that spell damage, but then when you tank Prince, or Gruul, you'll want pieces.

I'm at work and cant link it, but maiden drops gloves (iron gauntlets of maiden i believe is the name) that would be push you over, and Opera has a one of its drops as Eternium Greathelm. Either one of those would push you over, and I'd recommend wearing both during boss fights.

add

quote!
    It's a longer road for a paladin tank to gear up to the point of being Holy Shield uncrushable, since they need 64.68% (miss + dodge + parry + block) from gear when they activate Holy Shield (assuming the Libram of Repentance, as above). Note that we also assume 2/2 Improved Holy Shield talent for Holy Shield uncrushable, increasing the number of Holy Shield charges from 4 to 8 over the 10 second duration.

and i onley get 60% i think. but i dont think my gear is that bad and still palas whit some blues get more than me :-(

thanks for that advice coro.

i think i have them guntles in the bank.

You have excellent gear, are you MTing anything? If not, then do not worry about it.
    If you are MTing anything, then you need that extra 2% far more than a measly little thing like 51 Stamina. 1 crush can take a few K extra off your health.
    Maidens gloves are excellent if you have em, better for tanking than T4, and a single defensive trinket would probably put you over what you need.
    ***Lol, just remembered, I am wearing my T4 gloves atm. Not for tanking, but to force a gear update on some of the boss kill / guild rating sites.***
    To counter some of the Stamina loss, you may want to look at using 4dodge/6sta or 4 def/6sta gems in place of parry gems. Works out to a negligible loss in avoidance/uncrush with a gain in HP's.

ok i have Guardian's Alchemist Stone - Item - World of Warcraft to put in that gives alot of extra defence so maby i can get some more 15 stam gems then.

gues i have to spend some money on trying :-P

moved to Armory Suggestions.

Guys try to keep any type of thread of this nature in that area.

Thanks.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread