+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Refining my Current Gear

Refining my Current Gear

Greetings. Just discovered this website today. What a resource!!!
    I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post

I could use some advice and helpful comments on my gear/enchants/gems. I have only recently started to dive deeper into understanding my stats to improve my gear and help my guildies during instances. Better gear is a slow process since we are a relatively small guild (wouldn't leave them for the world though, good people) so I have to work with what I have at the moment. I wouldn't mind some suggestions as far as better gear with Badges of Justice (currently have about 40 of them) or Rep.

Here is my armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Thank you for any feedback.

Groeden
    Human Warrior
    Tanaris US server

Your gear is remarkably good for someone who says they are just starting to work on stats Being exalted with the aldor, I would go get the vindicator's hauberk. I would also use the kara rep ring, will be an armor and stam upgrade for you. Get exalted with the Shattered Sun offensive and get the neck, it is almost as good as the badge one and will let you spend your badges elsewhere. I would switch your legs for timewarden's from keeper of time rep, you will lose a little armor but gain a lot of avoidance. Try to pick up plans for red boots of havoc, they are one of the advantages of being a blacksmith, otherwise elusion or battlescar should drop for you in kara. Have a gyro balanced khorium destroyer made for you, huge stam upgrade and you can throw a hit gem in it if you want the hit rating that your throwing knives have. Heroic Mech till sun eater drops, or SSO rep sword. Heroic Magister's Terrace till commendation of kaelthas drops for you. Badge wise I would say save 20 more for ring, or 35 more for belt, they are the 2 best badge purchases you can make. I think your biggest objectives should be on gaining stam without losing too much avoidance. As you progress further into kara and start ZA, you really want to shoot for at least 15,000 hp unbuffed, to give your healers a chance at keeping you standing. You also want to work on your hit rating and expertise when possible. The more hit and expertise you have, the higher a threat ceiling your dps will have, and they can push harder to kill stuff. You also want expertise to avoid getting parried as often. That will help you in a fight like Prince, where back to back parries will drop you to the ground.

Good luck and hope some if this helps!

Thank you for the feedback. Working on the SSO rep and will hold off on the badge purchases till I can scrape together a few more.
    Is there a target expertise rating/hit rating that I should shoot for? Do either one cap at a certain point?

Also, why the Vindicator's Hauberk over the Breastplate of the Bold?

You will not get anywhere near the cap on either for quite a while, so just shoot for what you can get without sacrificing another stat to do it. And the vindicator chest will net you 3 dodge and 27 more defense at the cost of 6 stam, which you can make up by putting 150hp chant on your chest instead of the 10 stam kit. The extra dodge and defense will allow you to switch out one of your trinkets with a high stam one like commendation or the furies deck without gimping your defense. There is a very nice resource on this site called berg's tanking gear rankings or something like that, it will have almost every tanking piece listed and what its upgrades are, I am sure that the vindicator;s ranks muchhigher than the bold.

Moved to Armory Suggestions Forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Great! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread