+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank gear situation/advice

Tank gear situation/advice

hey im first time poster just looking for some advice on my tanking gear, because i was sturggling in ZA yesterday with my guild and wonder'd what would be the best upgrades to get from badge gear.

I'm thinking about replacing my belt and bracers first because there lacking some what and need the tinket from heroic MgT. Then geting the sunwell badge leggings and then the sunwell badge chest. Any other suggestions?

The World of Warcraft Armory

Can you be more specific about what kind of problems and at which boss you are having trouble with in ZA? Because overall, it seems that your gear is fine, provided your healers aren't sleeping.

I have some quibbles about stacking a def trinket (adamantite figurine) because you are so way above the uncrittable cap. If you have trouble getting commendation of kael'thas to drop, I'd suggest switching over to the netherwing trinket, a darkmoon card vengeance or wrath trinket for the extra sta in the meantime.

Eventually, you may want to raise your dodge rating. Personally, I bought the 2 badge belts - Iron-Tusk Girdle and Girdle of the Fearless. In terms of threat generation, armor, stamina - Girdle of the Fearless wins over Iron-Tusk, but I've found Iron-Tusk to be very useful for high avoidance fights. So you may want to get both. Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx are amazing with their sta and threat generation, but you will lose the dodge from your current bracers. I say all this because I assume that threat generation isn't your problem in ZA, survivability is. If you have problems generating threat, then by all means get the bracers first and then Girdle of the Fearless.

100 badges for the Chestplate of Stoicism and Sunguard Leggings sound steep, but I promise you, they are on par with T6 pieces. You won't regret the investment. Also look into get Ring of the Stalwart Defender, it's an amazing piece that gives armor, dodge, sta and you can definitely stand to lose some of that defence.

Was struggling MTing Jan'alai. Could it be a healer problem? and ye i need to get rid of the trinket. Which badge gear would u recomend geting first?

thanks for the replies so far.

Jan'alai can be a mother when he enrages, make sure you have cd's and pots available, and tell you healers to be ready to spam.

If you use the standard "control the hatchlings before dpsing the boss" method, opt for stacking more avoidance (ie dodge) and health. Dps should be working on the eggs before focusing on the boss. By then, you should have a solid lead in aggro.

The pieces you have in mind are good, but it seems like you are having survivability issues, if that's the case, I'd go for iron-tusk girdle first, then bracers. As a tank, you shouldn't try to skip smaller upgrades and save up alot of badges for that 1 big upgrade. Several smaller upgrades for the cost of a big item will probably make your healers and your job easier.

just thought i'd up date this and ask on more question because i recently picked up tier 2 leggings from gruul but i want to know if i should wear them instead of my current ones.

The reason i ask is i'l lsoe stamina but gain avoidance so i was thinking on bosses where i need avoidance i'l just wear tier 4 (till i get the 100 badge legs) but if i just need health i'l wear wyn dynasty.

Just wanted to check my though process was correct and see if there any other hint's you could give me on my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

+ Reply to Thread