+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming on Bulwark of the Amani Empire

Gemming on Bulwark of the Amani Empire

Hi guys,

Having just swapped out all of my crappy old gems for the badge ones, my new shield dropped in ZA last night. I also have the Gruul and Nightbane shields.

Throngy of Thunderhorn EU

I'll get it enchanted with +18 stam this evening, but should I stick a +10 Dodge gem in there and get the +3 Stam socket bonus or am I lacking something else? Or, bearing in mind the other shields I have, should I be gemming this one for a particular gear set?

Many thanks!

I don't remember the gruul one stats but personally I gem the socket shields w 15stam, speacilly those w nice stam on it, skip the bonus imo

Wow we are clones gear wise, lol. Stick a 15 stam in that thing, for sure.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I wanted to use it tonight so I already stuck the +10 dodge in... Regemming isn't a problem so keep the advice coming

I've always been a fan of going +5dodge/+7sta for red sockets that give a stamina bonus. This is especially true when you're only using blue gems (4dodge/9sta vs 12sta, imo 3sta is worth 4 dodge...is 5sta worth 5dodge? I'd say so, myself).

My gemming philosophy is that I put in sta-hybrid gems if:
    The socket bonus only is a sacrifice of 2 blues or less (not for a RRY, for instance)
    The socket bonus is +3sta, +4sta, or +6sta

If one or both of those are false, then I go straight sta, otherwise I go with 4def/6sta and 4dodge/6sta (or in epic case, 5dodge/7sta or 5def/7sta).

+ Reply to Thread