+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I on the right track?

Am I on the right track?

The World of Warcraft Armory

This is me, as of today. This warrior is my alt character, but I'm very interested in getting into a tanking role. A friend of mine suggested to me to hit up Polar's Pre-Kara Gear listing, so I've been working towards that, as well as throwing some of my own ideas into the mix. What I haven't been able to get off of that list, I have essentially bought "Of The Champion" greens from the Auction House to fill in for the time being.

Today I decided that I needed to get some enchants. However, I didn't want to waste a lot of money or time on the materials or enchants, as I will hopefully replace my gear relatively soon. I decided on Deathfrost for my weapon, cause it's cheap and it seems like it would give me some decent aggro gain. (Not to mention it looks cool). I wanted to get Superior Defense (+70 Armor) on my cloak, but couldn't find an enchanter to do it. I did find someone who would do (+50 Armor), so I went that route instead for now. Someone also offered to enchant my bracers for free with (+7 Agility), so naturally I took it. And to top off my enchanting/enhancing today, a guild mate of mine was leveling up his Blacksmithing, and he put a Mithril Spike on my shield, again, for aggro.

My next endevours are to grind the materials to get a Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer to gain a little of the stamina I seem to be lacking right now. I also plan to do the quest to get the Dabiri's Enigma trinket as well as finish collecting Soul Devices from Shadow Labs for the Sha'Tari Wrought Armguards.

After I finish all these tasks, I was hoping that I would be able to successfully tank parts of Kara, and some of the easier Heroic Dungeons. Mainly Heroic Ramparts for a chance at the decent Lion's Heart Girdle, and Heroic Mechanar for The Sun Eater.

Does it sound like I am on the right track, and will be able to run Kara and some Heroics once I'm done with my list? Is there anything else I should be looking into doing before getting my hopes up about tanking these dungeons? Also, for the sake of conversation, what would you let me tank for you?

Off the top of my head If you havent done and vendored the rewards

- the forge camp quest chain in western nagrand (starts, I think, by the man by the drake) gives a nice blue defense chest (if my memory serves me).

- the windtraders band, from a quest in blades edge

Also, I'd work towards the legs from Keepers of Time rep and definitely a better trinket which you sound like you have a plan for getting.

As for what you can and cant tank, you should be fine (with a good healer and group) for all normal dungeons and the easy heroics - mech, sp, ub, ramps. You'll need cc though, so chose your groups wisely. 11k hp and 11k armour was always the default minimums for starting kara, with ofc crit immunity.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

One thing you can do for an immediate, if small (though most upgrades are incremental anyway) stamina upgrade is go ahead and swap your defense gems out for straight stamina. With your 20 resilience you can afford to drop down to 477 defense (per the calculator at Tankingtips) and still maintain your crit immunity vs raid bosses. You may have to be prepared to explain that crit immunity is total crit reduction chance and not just the magic 490 number.

Moved to armory forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hey.. Thanks for all the tips everyone. I really apprecaite it. Treena, thanks especially for the info on the reilience. I knew I had some, but I wasn't sure how it affected my crit immunity, so I worked towards the magic 490 instead.

Shorty, thank you as well... Most of those quests you mentioned are on my to-do list, I just didn't mention them cause they were further down on my list, and I didn't want to ramble on all night. But thank you for the reply.

+ Reply to Thread