+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Def Rating or Resil ?

Def Rating or Resil ?

I was just wanting to know how much resil lowers your def cap?
    I have some resil gear and I dont know how to figure out what my def cap is with the resil gear i have. I would like to get rid of some def gems and maybe even some def enchants and replace them with avoid chants. And has anyone got the Brutal Gladiators Shield wall yet? I have some arena points saved up and was thinking of trying to get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Heres my armory link!
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Big_Worm; 07-05-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Defense is second only to dodge in terms of avoidance per itemization point. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure that straight defense will be more avoidance than an an equivalent amount of crit reduction from resilience, plus however much dodge you can get with the leftover itemization points.

Umm, not on topic, but do you tank with that dagger? Only reason I ask is that you have it and a shield equipped, and daggers are horrible for devastating weapons. I would also try to pick up a 2nd tanking trinket, like adamantite figurine.

As a warrior you should have no problem achiving 490 defense to reach the crit cap. A side note is also to make sure your char sheet displays at least 491 to be totally safe incase there is a rounding error.

Reaching the crit cap is a tanks first priority, before stam, armor, anything!

Defense is better than resiliance for a warrior tank period. Try to get some more wepons or gear that has equips to defense already built in.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

It may be beneficial for you to have "some" resil (as in S2 Shield for example) for bosses like hydross where you're going to stack Resistances and therefore may slip under the "magic" 490/91 def rating.

But apart from that, resil is a useless stat for tanks after reaching the uncrittable status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattman2an View Post
    Umm, not on topic, but do you tank with that dagger? Only reason I ask is that you have it and a shield equipped, and daggers are horrible for devastating weapons. I would also try to pick up a 2nd tanking trinket, like adamantite figurine.
    This is an old piece of "common wisdom" that is true more often than not, no argument. However, depending on what other weapons are available/have dropped, it may be the best choice. See Dagger is not necessarily a dirty word.

Yeah no drops

The reason im using dagger is its the best thing I have got lol. I havent been able to get any of the other drops but I am still trying lol.

+ Reply to Thread