+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archimonde and Me

Archimonde and Me

Need some pointers for Archimonde, have read alot of conflicting posts not just here about what i should stack and gear selections for tanking Archimonde. Basically what i am wondering is wether i can MT him with relative ease on my healers. i have read EH/Mitigation and avoidance strats but it seems alotof ppl are divided on what is entry level. at this point we are 4/5 MH with only a few peices left for me in Hyjal apart from Archi's drops.

Heres my armory - The World of Warcraft Armory

i am looking to upgrade Aldori legacy defender to Kaz'rogals hardened heart and mallet of the tides to the unbreakable will still also need to enchant stam on chest and agility to gloves mind you. only got them tonight and i dont have a prob with threat.

Any pointers would be appreciated. we have ZA on farm and our focus is on MH and Archi atm altho we are 4/5 in BT as well

Take that felsteel shield spike and chuck it into a fire somewhere otherwise, Idk, Health may be a little low (I haven't done this fight, unfortunetly
    If you are 4/9 BT with you MT'ing, then I think you will be fine

Gl Mr. Cow Tank

haha yes felsteel spike was ummmmmm for lack of a better word lol. am unsure wether i should be running with +15 def or +18 stam on sheild. i am already over capped on def atm but every little bit helps. as for health fully raid buffed i hit over 20K pushing 21K

Well, some general tips:

A. The Karazhan ring rapes the TK trash ring. I don't think I ever even equipped the 7th ring of the immediate banked.
    B. Moroes' is much much much better then the SSC trinket.
    C. The autoblocker is a threat trinket, shouldn't be on with your main set. Get the commendation of Kael.
    D. T5 legs are absolutely horrible. Get the badge legs.
    E. Don't use avoidance gems yet. You have damned low health for any class tank, let alone a Tauren.

Agree with the above. You should have at LEAST one stamina trinket; either a darkmoon card, or preferably Commendation of Kael.

If you want to use avoidance gems for a socket bonus, you should be using the hybrid gems (4def/6sta, or 5def/7sta, and 4dodge/6sta, etc). I also wouldn't put agility on gloves, go for 240armor or 2% threat. And I wouldn't put stats on chest, I'd go with defense, but that's just a personal choice.

Just adding the commendation in place of the autoblocker for boss fights, and your HP will be much more respectable.

The Tirisfallen ring is good for clearing trash, but for a boss mob the Karazhan ring is the way to go for sure.

And on your shield, definitely go 18sta over 15def rating.

yeh well Moroes neverdrop pocketwatch is great if it ever drops for you, have been running kara now since day 1 and have not seen it yet even our dps warriors and holy pallies have it but it is a aim i continously run kara even now after so long just for the trinket.

As for the seventh ring i thought i changed it out, i still use the exalted Kara rep ring for mitigation fights.

Commendation of Kael'thelas is also a aim but it hasnt dropped in the 15+ or so runs i have done so far.

+ Reply to Thread