+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems in ZA

Problems in ZA

Hey, I read a lot of theory and know a lot about tanking in general. However, I think I'm lacking a health buffer or something because I keep dying in ZA. The World of Warcraft Armory My armory shows my usual tank gear someones I switch out my neck and boots. Any suggestions on gear to pick up or things to do. I checked my WWS and I only got crushed once. Any help is appreciated.

-anoobis
    -Flurries of Emerald Dream

Yah, not quite there.

T4 Helm
    Sunguard Legplates
    Girdle of the Fearless
    Bonefist Gauntlets
    Ring of the Stalwart Protector

Your hp is a little low, although not terrible by any stretch, the 2.4 badges gear while nice is not essential for ZA, although will help if your healers are a little undergeared. Your helm is the obvious place for improvement, but Prince can be stingy when it comes to dropping tokens. I'd aim for a BoJ upgrade that gives you a little more defense than a current piece you are wearing, that would enable you to drop the defense trinket and replace it with a pure stamina one - Darkmoon Card Vengeance or something.

What's killing you, out of interest?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Lynx is pretty much the problem and Zul'Jin hexlord is easy.

Is your OT taking the Lynx saberlash-thingy properly?

I'm actually the OT but I MT a lot of the fights cuz our feral MT has some sick cat gear. When we take the saberlash we're standing on top of eachother

hmm, lynx does hit harder than some of the others, but if the totems are dieing fast and the saberlashes are being shared (assuming your healers know that they have to top you up very quick) you should be ok. If I'm OT'ing lynx I swop in some dodge gear (sun eater etc) as we don't dps the lynx spirit so agro isn't a problem and dodging the odd saberlash really helps.

If you're dieing to a normal saberlash, it probably means you aren't being healer up fast enough, if you're dieing to a single saberlash, then its either a positioning problem or a hit box one. The druid MT'ing lynx actually makes the most sense as he can't crush and between thunderclap and intervene warriors should be able to prevent squishies dieing from the lynx spirit when it spawns, plus it leaves you free to keep thunderclap and demo shout up much easier than if you were mt'ing.

Sorry, don't think I can be any more help, maybe someone else can suggest something different.

Your helm is just unacceptable. If you can't get a better helm at least gem the one you have well. And you don't even have a glyph on it. There's an extra 18 stam you could have there plus the def from the glyph.

Take care of the helm and I think you'll be fine. Yes, there are other upgrades at other slots but I don't think that's what's standing in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yah, not quite there.

T4 Helm
    Sunguard Legplates
    Girdle of the Fearless
    Bonefist Gauntlets
    Ring of the Stalwart Protector
    I only have 1 of these and I tank ZA no problem.

you have several wrongs, i see you gem all to get +stam and even so you can't rise the 15k, at ZA level you can't just expect the formulae HP/Arm works, you need to work w def/dodge/parry/hit gems, and if your stam suffers then keep farming kz for more badge gear.
    Also you need hell more of dodge, parry and block, even w the trash ring from TK your gear is still not up to ZA, I wouldn't go to ZA w less than 20% dodge, unless my block is above or close 30. Never go w blues either, And you don't have anything enchanted, wow you can't afford that. Tanking is expensive, thats why they let us be lewtwhores. Your team must have awesome +healing/dps gear if you pass the bear.
    Last edited by Daimon; 07-01-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    Never go w blues either
    That's kind of a dumb rule.

Umm, tanked most of ZA with 16% dodge, so that rule is sort of fail also.

Your avoidance is a bit to low man. Try and reach 20% unbuffed for now. shouldn't be to hard with one or two gear changes.

Just keep picking up those new badge items and you will be straight (get badge cloak!!! so cheap).

Other things to shoot for would be the t4 helm/shoulders.

You can tank everything in ZA just fine with that gear its just a bit more strain on your healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leytur View Post
    That's kind of a dumb rule.
    not rly, there are just a few pieces of blue usable in T5 content (mostly trinkets and rings) and granted that ring is one of them but in a EH gear not a MT one, and that helm is by far not one of them.

check what I use to MT some fights, its more like to guide you don't need the exact gear for ZA:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

not rly
    Yes, rly. Any rule that allows no wiggle room, which yours does, is kinda stupid.

I appreciate linking your armory, but I don't really need gear tips considering I tank ZA just fine already.

I only have 1 of these and I tank ZA no problem.
    Umm, good for you? I assume you have better gear than he does in those respective gear slots and since this isn't a thread about you, I'm not sure what good that input does for us.

Maybe you have better healers or faster DPS. Whatever. He's dying and needs better gear, and I offered the simplest available upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Leytur View Post
    Yes, rly. Any rule that allows no wiggle room, which yours does, is kinda stupid.

I appreciate linking your armory, but I don't really need gear tips considering I tank ZA just fine already.
    err that was meant to Anoobis who had the lack of stats, idk your gear, and i think you didn't read well, never said was a rule just said that most blue gear is not advisable BUT some rings and trinkets, l2context.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Umm, good for you? I assume you have better gear than he does in those respective gear slots and since this isn't a thread about you, I'm not sure what good that input does for us.

Maybe you have better healers or faster DPS. Whatever. He's dying and needs better gear, and I offered the simplest available upgrades.

His gear is on par with my besides the helm. Which is what DOES make it relevant to the OP. Why do people keep saying "you need this to do that" and "you can't have this to do that" when those kinds of rules are, honestly, just stupid?

you have several wrongs, i see you gem all to get +stam and even so you can't rise the 15k, at ZA level you can't just expect the formulae HP/Arm works, you need to work w def/dodge/parry/hit gems, and if your stam suffers then keep farming kz for more badge gear.
    Also you need hell more of dodge, parry and block, even w the trash ring from TK your gear is still not up to ZA, I wouldn't go to ZA w less than 20% dodge, unless my block is above or close 30. Never go w blues either, And you don't have anything enchanted, wow you can't afford that. Tanking is expensive, thats why they let us be lewtwhores. Your team must have awesome +healing/dps gear if you pass the bear.
    This is just wrong on so many levels.

I go into ZA with less than 20 dodge and I've cleared it many times, likewise having block above or close to 30% has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to tank. This single line exposes your lack of knowledge completely.

Going in with blues will make it tougher but that doesn't mean it isn't doable. The key factor is that you have room for improvement, make sure you run kara to get whatever upgrades you can from there, while obtaining badges to fill in other places with the great badge gear. To say that you need to gem for def/dodge/parry/hit gems is just insane. If your hp is low, you get more hp, then you balance out your avoidance, and then lastly your threat. To say you need hit gems before he maxes his EH for a fight is not only silly, it's outright wrong. EH works no matter what level content you are in, just because he's in ZA doesn't mean it works less. If you had read Ciderhelm's guide at all you would understand that this is a perfect example of when EH shines most. When you are way undergeared for a fight, having more EH helps you live longer for progression fights.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Like any other fight gear for the encounter. Halazi is a fight where some more avoidance shines... as an OT or MT.

For the OP moroes lucky pocket watch would literally solve all his problems.

+ Reply to Thread