+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The best bang for my upgrade buck?

The best bang for my upgrade buck?

Hi y'all,

Discovering this community when my guild was first starting Kara a few months ago was a lifesaver, so I'm hoping you all can help me figure out the best course to take to upgrade my gear. I'm about to join a guild that isn't quite clearing Kara yet, and I'm not entirely sure how often I will get to raid, since I'll be new.

This is my armory.

I have four blues left: Warchief's Mantle, Vindicator's Hauberk, Felsteel Gloves, and Protector's Mark of Redemption.

I have 60 badges at the moment. I was saving to buy the Chestplate of Stoicism, but now I'm not sure if I ought to buy the gloves or ring first. I was thinking I would finally cave in and PvP for the S2 shoulders.

I know about Veneretio's list, but I'm not sure if going strictly by the list is the best course of action since I have epics already in slots that are higher up on his list.

So, should I continue to save my badges for the Chestplate, get the ring or gloves, or something else? Are the S2 shoulders the best way to go, or should I farm heroic Sethekk/Crypts for the shoulders there?

Other items I was thinking about are the S2 shield, the Ahune neck/cloak (before he goes away soon), and of course the trinket/sword in HMgt.

Any other suggestions would be more than welcome

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lysanne; 07-01-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Get the chest, it is so huge an upgrade that you will be a new tank, literally.

Get the chest ([item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item]). It won't leave you until the t6 one graces your bags and is a MASSIVE upgrade to a blue rep item.

As for shoulders, don't be hasty with getting the S2. The S2 shield is an EH upgrade, and you need a bit more stamina.

You will hopefully have the shoulders from Netherspite or from High King Maulgar soon. If you are not going to run 25 mans with your guild then your shoulders are OK. The ones from Heroic Setthek aren't bad but the measly 2-badge, trash-laden slog of the whole run should probably put you off them. Instead, run Heroic MgT for the 2 trinkets.

Your cloak and neck are better than Ahune's.

Maiden/Curator will replace the blue gloves soon.

(/end late night ramblings.)

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread