+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evaluation

Evaluation

The World of Warcraft Armory

Are there any obvious flaws in how I have geared myself?

I generally wear the gorefiend gauntlets for trash and for bosses that are less than harmful in terms of damage output. Gorefiend gloves at 2% threat to them, as opposed to the t6 gloves which I generally wear most BT boss fights.
    In terms of threat gear, have Mallet(executioner), MGT trinket, and badge bracers. Puts me at 41 expertise.

Few notes about gear choice, everything but Illidan is dead in BT:

-Holding off on my hat until Illidan is dead. Feel that t6 helm isn't that big enough of an upgrade to warrant dkp on both and taking it from someone else when Illidan is so close.
    -Plan on holding out on t6 legs until the t6 chest, I generally prefer praetorian's more, but 4set t6 is pretty nice.

Brutal honesty, please.

Is this a serious post?

of course =P

Strikes me as a little silly to seek general advice at your stage of progression. What do you expect people to say?

It's one thing if you're having trouble on a particular fight and want specific advice on that encounter, but just seeking general feedback on your gear seems a bit pointless to be honest. Obviously you could go w/ less health and more avoidance as necessary, but I'm sure you already know that.

The only thing I could think of saying is that I'm against the blind gemming of +15sta. If you have an item with a +6sta socket bonus, you can either:
    12/12/12sta = 36sta
    12sta/4dodge6sta/4def6sta = 30sta + 4dodge + 4def (lose 6sta, pick up 8 avoidance pts)

or at epic gem level:
    15/15/15sta = 45sta
    15sta/5dodge7sta/5def7sta = 35sta and 10avoidance pts.

The tradeoff isn't as good when you've got enough epic gems for all +15sta items, but at the 12sta level, a +6sta socket bonus is worth looking at if it has even 1 blue slot in it. If it has 2 blue slots in it, you're silly for not going for the socket bonus.

Invulnerable Girdle: you went 12sta/12sta for 24sta. You could go 12sta / 4dodge/6sta for 22sta and 4 dodge. I think 2dodge > 1sta, and 4dodge>2sta. Blizzard thinks that 1dodge=1.5sta, so you're getting quite a return.

Destroyer's Chestguard...did you put the +15sta gem in a non-blue slot, when you had a 12sta gem in the blue slot? That's just silly....even if you weren't going for your socket bonus at that time, you made it real expensive to ever decide to go for the socket bonus in the future (which, being a +6sta bonus, I think is worth considering).

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that for sunwell you want 60-65% avoidance, and the gear on your armory is sitting around 57 or 58%.

Well, I still find it useful to get feedback from people who do the same content as I do, as there are certainly people who are smarter than me who troll these boards.

+ Reply to Thread