+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TPS issues

TPS issues

I have seen a lot of these posts but none that really help me in regards to my threat gen.

My guild has picked up a few members that are in almost full t6 and I have noticed that my threat gen is not keeping up with their dps out put.

I believe the issue is primarly a gear thing. I am not at my expertise cap nor is my gear really on par with theirs. (going to try and get the expertise dps trinket out of Hmgt - this should put me at cap)

I am looking for input on whether or not its that my threat at the moment is kind of capped and they are just going to have to watch dps or if there isn't something I could do to improve my tps.

Please note those in and around my gear level rarely if ever pull threat, unless somehow I have left salv on or they don't have it.

Here's my armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

My tank rotation:

Shield slam, devaste, revenge, devaste till 5 sunders up, sheild slam, sheild block, revenge HS queued, TC and assigned shouts are kept up. Just keep up a steady rotation of slam, revenge, devaste and HS

What tps output should I be doing at my current gear level?

A note according to my last wws I my sheild slams were parried at a stupid high rate of 12%. Could that alone be my issue? I am getting parried too much?

Bump... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of general things:

- when are they pulling agro at the start or well into a fight?
    - any chance you could get another warrior to do debuffs and shouts (or even some of them)?
    - i cant look at armory atm, but it sounds like you know what sort of gear you should be in, increasing expertise and hit are a solution, but if you're battling to stay alive that has to be your primary focus and not trigger-happy dps.
    - are you being given all the help you can be - misd's etc? Are they using their agro dumping abilities or just ignoring them?
    - is your raid group tank-friendly or are you the after thought ?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Post a WWS if you have one. That and the armory, which you did post, will help us give you the most helpful and accurate advice.

Here is a wws from our last Naj kill includes other fights but the Naj kill is the one I am most concerned with.

Wow Web Stats

The dps warrior was having issues at times he was auto attacking. This indicates either I am not using the right rotations, not putting out enough tps or I am not hitting the boss enough.

If you look at the missed part I am at 12% miss (parries).

Maybe I am missing something else.

Melee are the ones having the issues. My group usually consists of either an enhance shammy, or a resto one. I have them keep down windfury and pop bloodlust. My hunters (or hunter) is suppose to keep misdirects on me whenever they are up.

The warrior pulling the most threat is waiting a good 10 seconds to go in.

My concern is if I keep replacing avoidance gear with expertise gear I am taking a lot more damage than I should. But on fights where melee is on the boss I have to wear threat gear otherwise they are pulling aggro.

My dps warriors aggro dump is death >.>

Aggro is getting pulled sometimes right near the begining or in the middle of the fight.

As a rule I keep up TC, Demo and commanding shout.

You cannot out-threat good T6 DPS, period. Not going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread